Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is the safest way to remote into a windows computer?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ch4545

ch4545

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:55 PM

I’m moving out of state; my parents work from home often. I’m not looking for top level security. However, I once opened up a port to my old WHS and remember getting pinged non stop and had brute forced attacks ect. Ever since then I’ve always locked everything down. Now, it’s pretty much a necessity as they often need help. 

I’ll have a VMware server running at their house; can install various OS’s. Kind of thinking of remoting in through the Server locally to their desktops.

But can also remote in directly. Any suggestions; would be much appreciated. Paid software is also an option. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,445 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:17 AM

TeamViewer is probably the easiest and cheapest (for home use).  You install TeamViewer on their machines and on yours.  You create a free TeamViewer account and add their machines to it.  Configure the machines to allow TeamViewer to connect without them having to accept.  Done.  This is how I've got my father's new machine set up.

#3 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:56 AM

Ditto on the recommendation

#4 toofarnorth

toofarnorth

• Members
  • 391 posts