Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xfinity Wifi Keeps Dropping

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 4,886 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:20 PM

I don't know what's going on with my Wifi but need to get back to work using the internet.  I started having troubles 13 days ago when there was an Outage for a few hours.  I then had some broken packages downloaded.  Then noticed constant Spinning of the little Icon in the Web Page Tabs.  Even had the "No Internet Connection, Help" message while in my email.  Other Websites experience the same thing.  My neighbor said they were having the same problem.

The Main issue is that I have great speed 30.06 DL and 6.07 UL, but it keeps dropping.  I need to do some installs, and cannot have Broken Updates.

Is there an online tool that will monitor my connection over a period to view the drops?

Things I've checked, but were many, so may have left things out here.

-Disconnected Router and connected Directly to the Modem (My own Arris SURFboard SB6121) Still had issues.  Modem was bought in the last year and is still supported by Xfinity.

My Router is a Belkin F7D1301

http://www.belkin.com/us/search?text=F7D1301

-  "ping" many sites over and over.
-  speedtest.net Seems all good, but not sure about the little Graph.  Seems to me it should be a Steady as Possible Line.  Sometimes it is, and others there are many Spikes.  Don't know how critical this is.

-  netstat -a Was all good.

-  Had Four Comcast Techs come out and were clueless as to what was going on, imagine that lol!

-  "My Trace Route" Appeared to be all good.

-   As a last Resort I just went and got a new Modem Router from Comcast.  Now...hopefully...someone will help me be sure the problem is fixed, before I start downloading Updates on a new Install. 

Thanks, pc out

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 arlattimor

arlattimor

• Members
  • 588 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:43 PM

How are you connected to your network, wirelessly or with an ethernet cable?

A. Lattimore

CCNA, CWNA, MCITP, MCSA, MCT, MCP, Security+, Server+, Linux+, Network+, A+, CNST

Network Security Engineer

#3 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,886 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2017 - 12:22 PM

Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:20 PM

I was able to resolve this a while back, it was Comcast the whole time.  They denied the whole thing the full thirteen days and then it started working.  It didn't affect my neighbors as much because they don't know enough to know it was not working correctly.  It worked but not well enough to download packages and Update systems properly etc.  Then they tried to charge me for a tech coming out when he clearly stated that the problem was way outside the house?

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#4 arlattimor

arlattimor

• Members
  • 588 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2017 - 01:41 PM

Wow, God, I hate Comcast. I remember a few years ago I was required to work from home. Comcast was so bad I had to have AT&T fiber ran to the house and purchase a load balancing router with auto failover because they are so bad. Also, they completely hate this website www.downdetector.com because you can call them on their BS.

Edited by arlattimor, 30 July 2017 - 01:42 PM.

A. Lattimore

CCNA, CWNA, MCITP, MCSA, MCT, MCP, Security+, Server+, Linux+, Network+, A+, CNST

Network Security Engineer

#5 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,886 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2017 - 04:41 PM

That's a good site thanks!  Comcast is pretty good technology, but their Corporation and lot's of their lower level Techs are horrible.  Also, billing.  If I make a change or have any issues, my bill is always wrong, always.  It's still wrong from this incident, they keep carrying over mistakes from this problem.  Over charges, discounts for the hassle etc. they can't keep it all straight.  Again, where I live they are quite good at providing fast, usually good stable connections, so I try not to complain, but when they lie to me then I get heated for sure LOL.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users