Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

About Skype for business

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 richardbaker

richardbaker

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:00 AM

This is to discuss something regarding Microsoft Skype for business. Recently from a blog, I read some advantages about this http://www.thinktel.ca/blog/general-category/5-reasons-use-microsoft-skype-business/. Is there any windows mobile app versions of Skype for business. If then, can I get all facilities as in the desktop version. I have one more question related to this. Can I share HIPAA, FERPA, or other sensitive data using Skype for Business? I am expecting your replies. Thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Claire22

Claire22

• Banned Spammer
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 AM

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:42 AM

Skype is mostly used for making video calls, texts and most of the business companies use Skype to connect with their clients. All the Skype to Skype calls, videos , file transfer and instant messages are encrypted that is why business companies use it for remote team conference.

#3 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 31 March 2017 - 06:18 AM

All the Skype to Skype calls, videos , file transfer and instant messages are encrypted that is why business companies use it for remote team conference.

Hey, can I ask you, are all Skype calls encrypted or only those in Skype for Business?
If I only use the regular Skype program, not the 'for Business' version, are my calls encrypted too? :)

Edited by Just_One_Question, 31 March 2017 - 06:19 AM.

#4 zainmax

zainmax

• Banned
  • 344 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2017 - 06:52 AM

Skype is Skype, is only Business service pack what You can buy, if You need it. There is some special services and some limitations for some usual services limits are increased. It is all for additional price and can be bought by user and by months.
But usually the servicepack is related with some other Microsoft product. For example with Office 365 Business Essentials or Office 365 Business Premium.
One other

PS. If you want to know how things really are, always read the original/source, but not any blog or reseller. website.

Edited by zainmax, 31 March 2017 - 06:56 AM.

#5 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2017 - 07:25 AM

That doesn't answer my question one bit, lol. :lmao:
I just want to know if regular Skype conversations are encrypted? :)

#6 zainmax

zainmax

• Banned
  • 344 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2017 - 07:39 AM

That doesn't answer my question one bit, lol. :lmao:
I just want to know if regular Skype conversations are encrypted? :)

Does Skype use encryption? 

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA31/does-skype-use-encryption

Spoiler

Spoiler

#7 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 31 March 2017 - 07:41 AM

richardbaker -  While Skype to Skype transmissions are encrypted and theoretically safe for most sensitive data,  Skype is NOT Hipaa compliant.

Just_One_Question - yes, all Skype to Skype transmissions are encrypted

Edited by Allan, 31 March 2017 - 08:00 AM.

#8 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2017 - 07:56 AM

Thank you so much! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users