Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can Windows Store be reinstalled after it has been removed via PowerShell?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Oxonsi

Oxonsi

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:00 PM

I have a system on which I uninstalled most Windows 10, including the Store app, apps with PowerShell.  I believe the command was...

Get-AppxPackage *windowsstore* | Remove-AppxPackage

In the meantime, I sometimes use the Edge browser since it cannot really be uninstalled [and Windows 10 prefers one to set is the default browser].  But come to find out, if you want to be able install extensions in Edge, the sanctioned method is through the Windows Store app.

So I followed some directions I found online to reinstall the Store, but after doing so whenever I try to install something from the Store, I receive error code 0x80073D05.

That led me to try the Microsoft Windows Store Apps troubleshooter. It tells me that the "Windows Store cache and licenses may be corrupt.", and offers to reset Windows Store. After attempting to reset Windows Store, it tells me, "Windows Store cache may be damaged" and that it is not fixed.

Then I found some advice to run WSReset.exe in 'C:\Windows\System32' as Administrator. But I still received the 0x80073D05 error after this.

I then tried renaming the Cache folder 'C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState' to Cache.old, and creating a Cache folder. After that reboot, and re-run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter, and it is supposed to now fix the corruption. But no, it still says, "Windows Store cache may be damaged" and that it is not fixed.

So, is there a way to reinstall the Store without the "cache damage"?

Thanks for any info.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RenoGeek

RenoGeek

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 18 March 2017 - 02:47 PM

This might help ...

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-reinstall-store-and-other-preinstalled-apps-in-windows-10/

I am not anti-social, I'm just not user friendly. 

Have you backed up today? Did you backup your backup?

Virus Removal Guides

Computer Technician Checklist

Microsoft Safety & Security Center

#3 Oxonsi

Oxonsi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:34 PM

Thanks for the link.  I will work on it and report back.

#4 RenoGeek

RenoGeek

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:55 AM

Hope it works out for you. Good luck!

I am not anti-social, I'm just not user friendly. 

Have you backed up today? Did you backup your backup?

Virus Removal Guides

Computer Technician Checklist

Microsoft Safety & Security Center

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users