Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is Apple the only tech company that "gets it"?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:58 PM

I feel like 99% of technology companies don't understand that consumer electronics, and especilly those with some sorts of a display, are meant to simplify your life. Hate to generelize, and even more so since I tend to pride myself on being an individualist, but all new tech is hugely over-complicated needlessly. Remote controls have a thousand buttons, washing machines have 20+ modes and a 100 combinations of buttons and switches, mobile phones have features that I've never in my life even seen or heard of anybody using. One example would be the camera on a new phone which markets itself to the elderly market. Why the hell would you complicate your device with a feature that not only takes resources, but also no 80+ year old person ever asked for.
In this light I would actually like to kinda congratulate Apple that even though their stuff is quite pricey, have understood what tech is supposed to do - to ease your life. Hell, if every company was atleast a little bit more thoughtful & didn't put so much bloatware in their products, maybe this web-forum wouldn't exist. Not because it's not good, but simply because it wouldn't be needed as much.
I don't know, I just don't get what is up with all this functionality which does nothing but clog your brain until you figure out what and how it does it. Maybe it's just me though.
If you've read this far, thank you and have a lovely day!
:)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mishima

Mishima

• Members
  • 338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:33 PM

Well... It goes like this: Cheaper it is, the more probable it was that publishers of apps paid the device manufacturers to pre-install/bloat it. I've seen news stories of app makers shelling out loads of deals to device manufacturers, so it's all in the scheme of things that if you want it kept cheap, then deal with the bloatware. Some of it can be adware too, which is really sad. :(

#3 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:11 PM

Yes, I agree. It is fairly understandable. I however meant to emphasize more so on features such as Internet app on a dumb-phone and so on. Anyways, thank you for your response! :)

#4 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 1,087 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:22 PM

Well, IT"S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY !! What else is new ? The more bells & whistles.............the higher the cost. And of course, don't forget that we all must keep up with the "Jones' ".

#5 techghost

techghost

• Members
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 AM

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:56 AM

Well, IT"S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY !! What else is new ? The more bells & whistles.............the higher the cost. And of course, don't forget that we all must keep up with the "Jones' ".

"Keeping up with the Jones" is exactly what's wrong with us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users