Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hard Drive Issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 simpletg

simpletg

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:54 PM

Hello,

I'm having a problem where one of my internal hard drives stops working at the end of the day everyday (very weird). To fix the issue I reboot the server and everything starts working normally again.

When the hard drive stops working I can see all the file structure just find, but when I try to open a file it says that it cannot find the specified file. If I click retry it still doesn't work. I have to reboot the server and then everything is fixed until the end of the day of the next day.

This hard drive is the one we use for SQL Server, we also share a folder on this drive on our network that our users use to execute a Administrative Program that we use in the company.

We have checked the tasks and have not found any task that might be causing this issue.

Any ideas what might be causing this issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards

CES

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 AM

Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:18 PM

Hello,

I'm having a problem where one of my internal hard drives stops working at the end of the day everyday (very weird). To fix the issue I reboot the server and everything starts working normally again.

When the hard drive stops working I can see all the file structure just find, but when I try to open a file it says that it cannot find the specified file. If I click retry it still doesn't work. I have to reboot the server and then everything is fixed until the end of the day of the next day.

This hard drive is the one we use for SQL Server, we also share a folder on this drive on our network that our users use to execute a Administrative Program that we use in the company.

We have checked the tasks and have not found any task that might be causing this issue.

Any ideas what might be causing this issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards

CES

So if i read this right mate, you say the HDD dies att he end of the day but you can still see the folders and files? This might be the offline cache working but i think you may need to rebuild the Index.

Goto contorl panel and see if File Indexing (Called Indexation options)  is there, if so you might need to rebuild it from scratch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users