Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to install DaVinci Resolve

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Palladini

Palladini

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 PM

Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:22 AM

I download the Linux version, from the site https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve   on to my Linux Only OS desktop.  It arrived as ZIP file, I unzipped it it created another folder titled Davinci_Resolve_12.5.5_Linux.   I realize I need to open my Terminal and type in Command, since I have been playing with Linux for only about 4 months and have bad memory, I cannot remember how to install something, and searching YouTube, there is No instructional video on installing this program to be found.

I do need help here, Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wizardfromoz

wizardfromoz

• Banned
  • 2,799 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:28 AM

Hi Palladini

You "showed us your desktop" a few months ago, it was a Linux Mint Cinnamon.

Can you tell us the version?

Best would be to provide the output of the following Terminal commands:

cat /etc/*release*

and

echo $DESKTOP_SESSION

Thanks

:wizardball: Wizard

BTW - not saying (yet) that I can help here, but it helps to know what you are using.

#3 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,247 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:54 PM

Hi

Try this

https://www.thefanclub.co.za/how-to/how-install-blackmagic-design-davinci-resolve-125-ubuntu-1604-lts

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

#4 wizardfromoz

wizardfromoz

• Banned
  • 2,799 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:05 PM

Also be aware that

1. The H.264 codec is available under the Windows version but not the Linux, and
  2. If you have an nVidia GPU but are using the generic Nouveau driver, you will need to change it to nVidia, as the Nouveau is not supported.

See how you go

:wizardball: Wizard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users