Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

2 pc,s but totaly different

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 PM

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:51 AM

here,s my pc spec,s,my son,s pc has the same spec,s but my pc has a good home page his is total garbage,will hardly get started can go out for lunch and it has barely gotten started.

Operating System
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+    99 °F
    Windsor 90nm Technology
RAM
    4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 375MHz (6-6-6-18)
Motherboard
    Dell Inc
Graphics
    Panasonic-TV (1920x1080@60Hz)
    1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 (EVGA)    126 °F
Storage
    931GB Seagate ST1000DX 001-1CM162 SCSI Disk Device (SATA)    101 °F
Optical Drives
    TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H653A SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
    High Definition Audio Device

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:42 AM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Go to Piriform's website, and download the free version on the left.  Click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version. You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.

After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.

Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):

post-33068-0-86653600-1480692866_thumb.j

Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot.

Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard

Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the ADD REPLY or REPLY TO THIS TOPIC button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.

Louis

#3 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,877 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:27 AM

There are a dozen or more things that can make two identical  machines different.  Installation order of option cards and installation order of software programs.  BIOS on both video card and MOBO can have different versions and dates.  I have two Lenovo machines, identical hardware except one is a laptop and the other a desktop.  They couldn't be more un-alike than any pair.  Many options are set by the OS and they have different default settings from version to version.  Moving or copying and OS from one unit to another will create the failures that the OS can't correct or repair.

#4 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,476 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 AM

Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:29 AM

Boot with live Linux. If it works OK, then I suspect hard drive is broken.

#5 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:51 PM

HI, MJD420NOVA,I CHANGED THE PC TO hdtv to dvi to hdmi and that cleared up problems there,but still have slow connections when going to different web sites also screen flickers up and down and this on a 58" hdtv i still think there is a bug hidden somewhere in the system just wish i knew more about how to chase down virus,malware,Trojans or find a really good program that does that. NORTON will not play well with other programs as it says minitoolbox is not safe and removes it.

looked at linix but was not sure wish version to use.

on BIOS this pc has a 1.1.14 but mine is 1.1.18 thought about up dating the bios in this pc but from i have read doing that can cause more problems than it may be worth.

hi, hamlius,the specs you see are from Speecy in this pc.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,615 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:55 PM

How does the computer run using Safe Mode with Networking? You can use Seatools for Windows to test the drive. Do the short/long tests.

The speccy log will show more info than what you posted which could help diagnose the problem.

Edited by JohnC_21, 15 March 2017 - 04:57 PM.

#7 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:44 PM

hi,johnC_21, I have not used safe mode to understand how it works.

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,615 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:48 PM

Tap F8 at boot and in the Advanced Boot Options select Safe Mode with Networking. You should then be able to browse the internet in Safe Mode. See if the computer lags in opening pages.

advanced-boot-options-windows-7-57c99e72

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users