Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Frustrating Adware and Messed Up Drivers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Killafire

Killafire

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 PM

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:48 PM

So for a few weeks I've been battling a nasty Ad-ware virus. I've tried multiple anti-adwares, anti-malwares, and anti-viruses. I just can't seem to shake it. It creates randomly named folders that contain .exes and when they run, it causes windows to pop up in my browser, effectively tabbing me out of whatever game or program I'm in. Also around the same time, my dialogue boxes and Windows apps started acting up. When I boot using Intel graphics the problem goes away, but once I use my Nvidia drivers, the text becomes jumbled and corrupted.

The files I've attached are images of the corrupted calculator, store, and the tasks containing the random file names causing the adware. I've highlighted the name of the task and the fact that no location for it is found.

Edit:

My Specs

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @ 3.50GHz Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology

RAM: 24.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme6 (CPUSocket)

Graphics: NS-32D120A13 (1360x768@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 4000 (ASRock)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (EVGA)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (EVGA)
ForceWare version: 378.78
SLI Enabled

Storage: 1863GB Seagate ST2000DM001-9YN164 (SATA) Optical Drives TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224FB

Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio

Attached Files

Edited by Killafire, 13 March 2017 - 08:18 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dhjohns

dhjohns

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:40 PM

Just reinstall.  Never spend more that about one half hour on this stuff.  Reinstallation does not take very long.

#3 Killafire

Killafire
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 PM

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:20 PM

Just reinstall.  Never spend more that about one half hour on this stuff.  Reinstallation does not take very long.

I considered this. However, I have tons of important files I don't want to lose that can't be recovered. I don't think I have a disc to reinstall either, as I bought this computer from a friend 2 years ago.

I also have large games that I stream daily that would take days to re-download all of them.

Edited by Killafire, 13 March 2017 - 09:21 PM.

#4 dhjohns

dhjohns

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:35 PM

I considered this. However, I have tons of important files I don't want to lose that can't be recovered. I don't think I have a disc to reinstall either, as I bought this computer from a friend 2 years ago.

I also have large games that I stream daily that would take days to re-download all of them.

It would take days, but you have spent weeks.  All important files could be transferred to a thumb drive, and you can easily download a new ISO from Microsoft.  If you are signed in with your MS account, you are activated, and it will activate again.  You have a large HDD.  I regularly install Windows on a virtual machine, and it takes less than 20 GB.  You don't need to format, just install to the same partition, and all your files will be saved, and your windows will be in the windows.old folder.  

Edited by dhjohns, 13 March 2017 - 09:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users