Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New "preview" panel in folders

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 misssbb

misssbb

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 13 March 2017 - 03:37 PM

Ausus, 64bit, i7 processor laptop (2016) with Windows 10 automatically updated

Within the past week due to what I can only assume was a  Windows update, my folders now have this godawful preview panet that hides all the other columns I frequently use and want to see, (examples: the size, the length, the date modified, etc)  There's even a player in there for mp3s and presumably videos as well.

I can't figure out how to get rid of it, or if that's not possible, at least move it over further to the right so I can see the information I use.  Maybe there are some people who like this feature but I absolutely HATE it and want it gone.  At least give us a choice and don't make it a requirement whether we like it or not.

PLEASE  PLEASE  PLEASE tell me how to make it go away!!  Thank you so much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,445 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 13 March 2017 - 03:50 PM

Open up a File Explorer window.  Change to the View tab.  Click on Preview Pane right under Home to deselect it.

The preview pane used to cause all kinds of issues with Microsoft Office Products.  I prefer it off myself.

#3 misssbb

misssbb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2017 - 04:02 PM

Thank you so much for your rapid reply.  However, I'm so technologically blonde I don't know exactly what a "File Explorer Window" is.  Where do I find it?  I have Office 2010.

Thank you very much. 

#4 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 464 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 AM

Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:17 PM

http://www.digitalcitizen.life/9-ways-open-file-explorer-windows-10

Then follow Killroy's instruction to open the View Tab..

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

#5 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,445 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:52 PM

Sorry misssbb, I try and make things as simple as I can.  The link provided by saw101 shows you how to open File Explorer.

Edited by Kilroy, 14 March 2017 - 03:53 PM.

#6 misssbb

misssbb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:04 PM

Thank you so much.  I use this all the time but never knew what it was called.  It took quite a while to do it because I didn't have it opened in the full screen mode, and that Preview Pane option isn't visible when you're in the smaller view.   Never would have figured it out without you, Thank you so much.

Thank you so much.  I use this all the time but never knew what it was called.  It took quite a while to do it because I didn't have it opened in the full screen mode, and that Preview Pane option isn't visible when you're in the smaller view.   Never would have figured it out without you, Thank you so much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users