Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SBS Exchange & IMAP

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Emm4

Emm4

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:41 AM

Afternoon All,

I'm wondering if someone can help please...

I will try and explain best I can...

Windows Server Exchange SBS 2011 - Users setup in various versions of Outlook from 2007 to 365. We are in the midst of changing our domain name but still wanting to keep the older domain active until further down the line. The domain name change is through a company that is wanting it to be in the format IMAP. This is tricky trying to have both an exchange setup and IMAP setup working together without hiccups.

What I have had to do is within Exchange is to create a Mail Contact which enables me to input an external address i.e  instead of your-company-group.com (exchange version) its yourcompany.com (which is the IMAP version) and then from there add this email address into the "forward emails to" ....

With regards to Outlook I have setup an IMAP account aside my exchange and emails are coming through however its a little hit and miss at times and I'm still not 100% confident its working correctly.

Can any of you suggest a different way of getting around this or am I possibly doing the best thing? Please let me know if you need further clarification.

Thanks in advance

Emma

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 AM

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:15 PM

I would create the AutoDiscover DNS pointer to office 365 for them clients but i dont see it should be an issue if you set the clients up manually?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users