Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Western Digital hard drives compatible with Vista?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rabbitshoes

Rabbitshoes

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:42 AM

Hi everyone, I'm using Vista home premium 32bit SP2 and also have 3 Western Digital my book hard drives. The ones I have are old versions but now there are new version drives so if I buy the new drives will they be compatible with Vista? 

The older version drives which I have work fine with Vista. They are ones linked below.

My Book – High Capacity External Hard Drive | Western Digital (WD)

I want to know if the newer version drives will work with Vista? They are linked below.

My Book - External Hard Drive | Western Digital (WD)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 PM

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:53 AM

Both the drives listed are USB 3.0. You Vista computer probably has USB 2.0 ports. The drives will work but at USB 2.0 speeds. The Software available may work with Vista but you should contact WD support with the question for verification.

http://support.wdc.com/contact_phone.aspx?h=4

http://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en

From the tech spec sheet.

Operating System: Windows® 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Mac OS X El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks & Sierra • May require reformatting for other operating systems

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users