Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New windows 10 update fails and keeps on updating automatically

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Natasha4rawlings

Natasha4rawlings

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:12 AM

I recently tried updating my HP g55 to the latest version of Windows and it keeps on failing after downloading up to 90 percent... It kills my data and yet, it doesn't update... How can I fix this issue with Windows latest update?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,679 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:32 PM

If you are referring to updates failing to install try the following.  This will reset the update components.

Open Notebook and copy and paste the batch script below in it.  Save this to the Desktop and name it UCReset.bat.

@ECHO OFF
echo Simple Script to Reset / Clear Windows Update
echo.
PAUSE
echo.
attrib -h -r -s %windir%\system32\catroot2
attrib -h -r -s %windir%\system32\catroot2\*.*
net stop wuauserv
net stop CryptSvc
net stop BITS
ren %windir%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.old
ren %windir%\SoftwareDistribution sold.old
ren "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\application data\Microsoft\Network\downloader" downloader.old
net Start BITS
net start CryptSvc
net start wuauserv
echo.
echo Task completed successfully...
echo.
PAUSE

To run the batch script right click on the UCReset.bat file on the desktop and select Run as administrator.

Restart your computer and try updating again.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Natasha4rawlings

Natasha4rawlings
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:20 PM

Wow...
So this code will clear the bug and let me run the download?.... Trying it right now to see if it will work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users