Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

won't connect to wifi without proxy authentication

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:06 PM

Win 10 won't connect to a wifi network without proxy authentication to get out on the internet?

Any way to stop this treacherous act? (shame on you MS)  I only want it on the local network, not on the internet. I would rather not be creating new foul rules on the proxy.

Any suggestions appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:43 PM

I'll answer this, for the sake of the thread.

After entering the wifi password check "connect automatically". The network manager won't allow you to connect to the local network now without entering proxy details to access the internet.

Just restart the pc at this point.

The network will connect automatically at the sign in page, when Explorer isn't running it doesn't stop the network connecting with the proxy authentication demand.

After signing in you are already connected and can access the local network.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users