Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with booting after recovering with acronis true image

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sweggo

Sweggo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:07 PM

Yesterday I used a recovery with true image on my system only to come back and see a message:

An operating system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system Press ctrl alt delete

So I did this and found out one of my ssd's is the culprit. I have 1 HDD and 3 SSD's in this system however, even after booting up without the culprit ssd connected I tried reconnecting it while in windows only to have the same message in bios again on next reboot. This SSD never had a system on it.

I've never had a problem before doing recovery so I wonder if the smart security firewall was what screwed it up but in either case I really want to have the drive and contents available like before recovery but I don't know what to do.

Edited by Sweggo, 12 March 2017 - 01:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 AM

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:57 AM

Is there a way you could post a disk management picture with the fields expanded?  We need to find what partition is Active, which partition(s) are Primary, System, etc.  We need to find out if the one presently marked Active is the right one.

Edited by RolandJS, 16 March 2017 - 03:58 AM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users