Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tell Me About Good Games That Are Coming.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 mcheraghimn

mcheraghimn

• Banned
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 03 September 2006 - 06:03 PM

I don't know why we must always spend our summers without a good game. Just mention 5 good PC games and i give you a prize. No good strategic (not multiplayer ones), no good adventure, no good action...
The only games that really was a shock for us in this summer(I mean PC gamers),were DMC 3 and maybe Prey,if you think "the code of Da Vinci" or "Cars"were good games, you are thinking wrong and if you know another good game i'm listening.It is because of coming of new consoles.As well PS 2 gamers are the same.
The problem is when new consoles come to their houses,we must buy new graphic cards,new rams,new CPUs and other problems.The games are now "killer apps"Maybe it seems funny for you but many people doesn't have new systems and they lose the little games that are revealing for PC.
EA games has revealed that Fifa 07 game engine after two years is now built and it would be a revolution and you see more dynamic balls. This is what Iím talking about. Just graphic and graphic. Are our brains in our eyes?
How do you please of playing Fahrenheit? It didn't have the best graphics and a 64 MB graphic card was needed to play this game. But it had a good story which caused it to be the best adventure game of the year 2005.
Game makers really have no new ideas.The high graphic games will finally be REPETITIVE. And that time where is Tim Schafer with its Pscychonauts.Did you play it?i think no,just because of lack of violence in this fantastic game.I prefer not to play for ever. How many resident evils are coming every year?-GTA: SA was a great successful, but what about its next game?Nothing new.
Excuse me for wasting your time.
Goodbye.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 04 September 2006 - 07:52 AM

At least summer is over and all the autumn releases are soon starting to show up, and there was some good releases last spring which lasted me the summer.

So what have we? This is what I could come up with:
LEGO Star Wars II
Caesar IV
ParaWorld
Dark Messiah
Neverwinter Nights 2
F.E.A.R. Extraction Point
Gothic III

Did I forget anything? Well, at least it should be enough to make it to christmas.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#3 locally pwned

locally pwned

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 04 September 2006 - 07:39 PM

I am really looking foreward to Supreme Commander. Go check out the gameplay trailer video...it looks pretty impressive.

Total Annihilation fans have waited 10 years for a sequal. :thumbsup:
"The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking." - Albert Einstein

"The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands." - Douglas Adams

#4 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:43 AM

I've been drooling over Supreme Commander since I first heard of it, but when is it coming out?
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#5 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 AM

Posted 05 September 2006 - 12:32 PM

Though they recently delayed it, Half-Life 2: Episode 2 will be coming out around the start of next year sometime along with new features in the Source engine. Anybody else see the new dynamic lighting in the trailers? Lets not forget that Team Fortress 2 is actually coming out with it along with Portals.

Medieval 2: Total War is coming out in a few months too I believe.

#6 locally pwned

locally pwned

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 05 September 2006 - 12:47 PM

I've been drooling over Supreme Commander since I first heard of it, but when is it coming out?

I've read that it will be first quarter 2007. But who knows..

C&C 3 will be out around the same time...either late this year or early next.
"The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking." - Albert Einstein

"The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands." - Douglas Adams

#7 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:20 PM

I'm looking forward to Caesar IV, The Burning Crusade (WoW expansion), and The Sims 2 expansions that will be out soon.

3939.png

#8 ussr1943

ussr1943

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:00 PM

bf2142
c&c 3, man my favorite series of games is c&c/red alert.
"Ideas are far more powerful than guns."
"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards -- and even then I have my doubts." --Eugene H. Spafford
"One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter"

#9 sed

sed

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 AM

Posted 11 October 2006 - 01:31 PM

It is a world.No one really appreciate these games.Who can say they are as good as DinoCrysis?
Fifa 07 is really good with high graphics.I'm right playing it.Don't you believe?It is now available in middle-east countries.

#10 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2006 - 09:43 PM

It is a world.No one really appreciate these games.Who can say they are as good as DinoCrysis?
Fifa 07 is really good with high graphics.I'm right playing it.Don't you believe?It is now available in middle-east countries.

I'm playing it as well. Graphics are...better then the previous ones. And the CPU players aren't as dumb and don't run in circles as much. But it's really hard to do tricks unlike Fifa World Cup 06. The new physics are screwed though. You pass a ball and it hits a players leg and goes flying in the air as if it was booted.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

#11 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 AM

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:53 AM

My son just ordered FIFA '07 for the xbox. It should be here either tomorrow or the day after. Any tips for me beating him would be appreciated. I tend to ground him when he wins. He beat me in Madden '06 and I removed him from my will. Kidding! :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users