Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Idiocracy Prophesy Fulfilled...In Ethiopia

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,396 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:37 PM

If you have viewed the movie Idiocracy then you know the scene I'm referring to. If not, you can view the movie at

Watch Videos Online | Idiocracy - 2006 | Veoh.com

Ethiopia's rubbish landslide kills many in Addis Ababa - BBC News

The movie also got a honorable mention in another topic here at BC.

Idiocracy Director Says It's 'Scary' How Accurate His Movie Has Become

QUOTE A Bit:  “And then Donald Trump being in the WWF before, and talking about his bleep size,” Judge continued, referring to the Republican nominee for president and his past with the World Wrestling Federation, a nod to the fact that the president in the film is a wrestling star. “It’s just one specific thing after another!”

umzmhckbz8ocafstas03.jpg

Edited by buddy215, 12 March 2017 - 12:56 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:18 PM

Whenever I hear or read something like that, albeit interesting & funny, I like to remind myself the following:

...And yet we live in the best times that the Earth has ever seen, pretty much anywhere on it, as compared to any other period ever in the history of frickin' time.

:)

Edited by Just_One_Question, 15 March 2017 - 05:18 PM.

#3 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,736 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:49 PM

Whenever I hear or read something like that, albeit interesting & funny, I like to remind myself the following:

...And yet we live in the best times that the Earth has ever seen, pretty much anywhere on it, as compared to any other period ever in the history of frickin' time.

:)

Edward Gibbon may disagree.

If a man were called to fix the period in the history of the world, during which the condition of the human race was most happy and prosperous, he would, without hesitation, name that which elapsed from the death of Domitian to the accession of Commodus. The vast extent of the Roman empire was governed by absolute power, under the guidance of virtue and wisdom. The armies were restrained by the firm but gentle hand of four successive emperors, whose characters and authority commanded involuntary respect. The forms of the civil administration were carefully preserved by Nerva, Trajan, Hadrian, and the Antonines, who delighted in the image of liberty, and were pleased with considering themselves as the accountable ministers of the laws.

To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#4 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:03 PM

Fine! I stand correct, we live in the best times nominally that have ever graced the Earth... lol :D
+ I am not all that keen on going back in what many people consider simpler times, only to get complications from tooth ache & dying from a tooth infection. :D

Edited by Just_One_Question, 17 March 2017 - 07:04 PM.

#5 buddy215

buddy215
  • Topic Starter

• 13,396 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 15 April 2017 - 06:54 AM

Idiocracy prophecy fulfilled.....again! You just can't make this stuff up...

Sri Lanka rubbish dump collapse kills 16 - BBC News

QUOTE A BIT.....

At least 16 people, including four children, have died after a huge rubbish dump collapsed on to their homes in Sri Lanka.

The 300ft-high (91m) pile of rotting debris had shifted after floods and a fire then collapsed on Friday.

At least 40 homes on the edge of the dump were destroyed, with four children aged between 11 and 15 killed.

_95650104_mediaitem95650071.jpg

Edited by buddy215, 15 April 2017 - 06:55 AM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2017 - 07:11 AM

Damn...

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,623 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:14 AM

Holy sh@t. I can't believe it. Donald Trump was in the WWE and this is the guy we voted for president. Now I am scared.

#8 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:30 AM

Isn't that actually better, though? In the sense that Donald Trump has been a pretty big part of TV entertainment throughout the years and you can actually go and check what he has produced, whereas Hillary Clinton has done 'all the correct things' in terms of her job experience, but you can just tell by her look and her mannerism that there is some shady stuff going on and she just appears better on paper, lol?
I have said it before and I will say it again: I'd much rather prefer any honest idiot, even if that means the Donald, to be a president, than even the best candidate in terms of experience if he/she is as obviously corrupt and power-hungry as Hillary Clinton.
I actually wanted Marco Rubio to win and in terms of the following election I'd like either Michael Bloomberg or Mitt Romney to run.
All in all, it's just 4 years that the USA will have to bear with Donald Trump as president, so no worries, amirite...:lmao:

#9 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:42 AM

Oh yeah, and I forgot to add. Don't you think that in a sense Donald Drumpf becoming POTUS is the best thing ever for people who believe that the world is super-corrupt and controlled by a handful of Rothschilds - people who are somewhat conspiracy theorists and believe that 'the game is rigged'?
Well, Donald Trump as president must be the single biggest evidence that this is not the case and that in this world, albeit not being 100% fair all the time, you are the maker of your own destiny.
I mean, there is no way in heaven's hell that a small all-powerful, all-seeing & all-controlling elite would pick this guy on a position such as president of the USA. No way! :lmao:
And in terms of Hillary Clinton's side, you get a pretty solid case that whoever you are, whoever backs you up, whatever amount of resources you pour into your campaign, if the people don't trust you or like you, you are not getting elected for sh*t.
But hey, that's just my way of looking at the election of Donald Trump as POTUS in an optimistic way. :)

#10 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2017 - 10:31 AM

Edit: "Pick this guy for a position such as president of the USA. No way!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users