Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HDD doesn't work, makes strange noise

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cleanteastwood

cleanteastwood

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:36 AM

So right now I can't start my pc since the HDD doesn't work. This problem has been happening for a while, normally I just move the

cables a little bit and it starts working but then after a while the same problem appears.

Here is a video :  

Should I just change my HDD?

Sorry for my English

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:28 AM

What makes you so sure that...out of all the things that could be going wrong...you have a hard drive problem?

Did you try booting in safe mode?

Louis

#3 cleanteastwood

cleanteastwood
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:38 AM

What makes you so sure that...out of all the things that could be going wrong...you have a hard drive problem?

Did you try booting in safe mode?

Louis

Because there is a sound clearly coming from the HDD, when I boot, after it makes that sound the pc stops working, it kind of freezes

Can't boot in safe mode since it freezes.

#4 MDD1963

MDD1963

• Members
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 12 March 2017 - 05:50 PM

There could be many sounds that stop once a PC hard locks/freezes, but, the hard drive could be an issue. 

Certainly, if it was booted with a Linux Live CD image from a USB drive (Ubuntu, Debian, Linux MInt) , then, all would be well, as the hard drive is not used, confirming the PC seems to be working ok otherwise....it in fact, it does...

Asus Z270A Prime/7700K/32 GB DDR4-3200/GTX1060

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users