Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My audio is broken and is suddenly quiet

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JinJoxx

JinJoxx

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:57 PM

I just built my PC a couple months ago, so it's relatively new. For some reason, my audio on my PC has suddenly become much quieter a few days ago. It used to be that when I was using my headset, if I turned the volume all the way up it would be loud enough that someone sitting next to me could hear it, but now even I have trouble hearing stuff with the volume all the way up and my headset on. At first I thought it was a problem with my headset, so I bought a new headset, but I still have the same problem. I don't know if this is a problem with my drivers or if my audio jack has become damaged. I checked, and it looks like all my drivers are up-to-date. I have no idea what could have caused this. One day it worked perfectly, and the next I could barely hear anything.

Thanks for your help!

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

Motherboard: MSI H81I Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard

Memory: Team Elite 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Storage: SSD: PNY CS1311 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Superclocked Video Card

Power: Corsair CSM 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MDD1963

MDD1963

• Members
  • 688 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 12 March 2017 - 02:32 AM

And you've tried a secondary set of cheap headsets? (DO the headsets themselves have a volume adjustment knob, either on the cable, or, on an earpiece?

WHich OS? (All sliders in assorted menus checked?)

Try a set of cheap PC speakers on the PC sound output in question...

Asus Z270A Prime/7700K/32 GB DDR4-3200/GTX1060

#3 JinJoxx

JinJoxx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 12 March 2017 - 03:59 PM

And you've tried a secondary set of cheap headsets? (DO the headsets themselves have a volume adjustment knob, either on the cable, or, on an earpiece?

WHich OS? (All sliders in assorted menus checked?)

Try a set of cheap PC speakers on the PC sound output in question...

The weirdest thing just happened. I plugged in some speakers and the volume seemed normal. Then I plugged my headset back in, and the volume has returned to normal. I have no idea what caused this, but I guess my problem has been solved! So thanks, I guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users