Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New proceses being detected as malware by virus total.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 aaroniscrazy

aaroniscrazy

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:22 PM

I am using windows 10 64 bit version. Yesterday under process explorer I noticed chrome being detected as malware by 1/60 of the scanners. I thought it was no big issue but today I noticed that not only it but minecraft or java as well as google crash handler was also being detected as malware. I searched the malware and came to an article telling me what it was (I forget) and to download adwcleaner. I downloaded adwcleaner from https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner/ which took me to https://toolslib.net/downloads/finish/1/ . It detected 10 things under the "web browser" category. It removed them but when it was running its hash was submitted to virustotal by process explorer and it was detected as malware by 2/60 scanners. A few months ago I started getting this wierd command prompt opening up randomly but mainly when I started the computer. It closed almost immediately after it opened so I was never able to find out what it was but a few days ago I stopped noticing it. I have done a few scans with malwarebytes 3.0 premium as well as windows defender. Is there something wrong with my computer, am I infected? Thanks in advance for taking time to help me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:11 PM

Welcome to BC...

1 in 60 or 2 in 60 are almost always false positives. But you did have some adware so it is good that you ran AdwCleaner....a trusted program by all pros.

Turn off Process Explorer and rerun AdwCleaner. Be sure to choose Clean when scan finishes if it finds anything.

Leave Process Explorer turned off until other scans are completed.

Suggest you use the programs below to clean, remove adware and remove malware. It is rare that one program finds and removes all adware.

Please download Zemana AntiMalware and install it

• Run the application
  • Click "Next" and then Scan
  • When the scan has finished click Next to remove any threats.
  • Click the bars in the top right corner to display the logs, double click your log
  • copy and paste the log into your reply
  • download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 aaroniscrazy

aaroniscrazy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:03 PM

Adwcleaner didn't find anything and Zemana AntiMalware is only 3% into its scan so it may be a while.

#4 aaroniscrazy

aaroniscrazy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:26 AM

here is the Zemana Antimalware log followed by the junkware removal log

Zemana AntiMalware 2.72.179.176 (Installed)

-------------------------------------------------------
Scan Result            : Completed
Scan Date              : 2017/3/11
Operating System       : Windows 10 64-bit
Processor              : 4X AMD Athlon™ 5350 APU with Radeon™ R3
BIOS Mode              : UEFI
CUID                   : 12DE0803E5845F3B57F9A1
Scan Type              : System Scan
Duration               : 100m 20s
Scanned Objects        : 478495
Detected Objects       : 0
Excluded Objects       : 0
Read Level             : SCSI
Auto Upload            : Enabled
Detect All Extensions  : Disabled
Scan Documents         : Disabled
Domain Info            : WORKGROUP,0,2

Detected Objects
-------------------------------------------------------

No threats detected

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) by Malwarebytes
Version: 8.1.1 (02.11.2017)
Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 
Ran by molby (Administrator) on Sun 03/12/2017 at  0:16:30.05

File System: 2 

Successfully deleted: C:\Users\molby\AppData\Roaming\system (Folder) 
Successfully deleted: C:\Users\molby\AppData\Roaming\wyupdate au (Folder) 

Registry: 0 

Scan was completed on Sun 03/12/2017 at  0:21:28.20
End of JRT log

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,198 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2017 - 06:27 AM

Last scan...

• Please download Security Check by glax24 and save the file to the Desktop
  • Run the tool by accepting all the Security prompts
  • when complete the tool will produce a log file C:\SecurityCheck\SecurityCheck.txt and also copy the contents to the Clipboard
  • Simply Paste the log to your reply

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 aaroniscrazy

aaroniscrazy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:20 AM

Here is the security check scan

SecurityCheck by glax24 & Severnyj v.1.4.0.46 [22.09.16]
DateLog: 12.03.2017 12:15:55
Path starting: C:\Users\molby\AppData\Local\Temp\SecurityCheck\SecurityCheck.exe
Log directory: C:\SecurityCheck\
IsAdmin: True
User: molby
VersionXML: 4.01is-11.03.2017

Windows 10(6.3.14393) (x64) Core Lang: English(0409)
Installation date OS: 02.10.2016 17:17:32
LicenseStatus: Windows®, Core edition The machine is permanently activated.
Boot Mode: Normal
Default Browser: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
SystemDrive: C: FS: [NTFS] Capacity: [698.1 Gb] Used: [587.7 Gb] Free: [110.4 Gb]
------------------------------- [ Windows ] -------------------------------
Internet Explorer 11.576.14393.0
User Account Control enabled
Automatically download and schedule installation
Windows Update (wuauserv) - The service is running
Security Center (wscsvc) - The service is running
Remote Registry (RemoteRegistry) - The service has stopped
SSDP Discovery (SSDPSRV) - The service is running
Remote Desktop Services (TermService) - The service has stopped
Windows Remote Management (WS-Management) (WinRM) - The service has stopped
------------------------------ [ MS Office ] ------------------------------
Microsoft Office 2010 x64 v.14.0.7015.1000
---------------------------- [ Antivirus_WMI ] ----------------------------
Windows Defender (disabled and up to date)
Malwarebytes (enabled and up to date)
--------------------------- [ FirewallWindows ] ---------------------------
Windows Firewall (MpsSvc) - The service is running
--------------------------- [ AntiSpyware_WMI ] ---------------------------
Malwarebytes (enabled and up to date)
Windows Defender (disabled and up to date)
---------------------- [ AntiVirusFirewallInstall ] -----------------------
GlassWire 1.2 (remove only) v.1.2.79
-------------------------- [ SecurityUtilities ] --------------------------
Malwarebytes version 3.0.6.1469 v.3.0.6.1469
Zemana AntiMalware v.2.72.0.176
--------------------------- [ OtherUtilities ] ----------------------------
7-Zip 15.14 (x64) v.15.14 Warning! Download Update
Uninstall old version and install new one.
WinRAR 5.31 (64-bit) v.5.31.0 Warning! Download Update
VMware Workstation v.12.1.0
Oracle VM VirtualBox 5.0.16 v.5.0.16 Warning! Download Update
VLC media player v.2.2.4
--------------------------------- [ IM ] ----------------------------------
Skype™ 7.33 v.7.33.104
-------------------------------- [ Java ] ---------------------------------
Java 8 Update 73 (64-bit) v.8.0.730.2 Warning! Download Update
Uninstall old version and install new one (jre-8u121-windows-x64.exe).
Java 8 Update 73 v.8.0.730.2 Warning! Download Update
Uninstall old version and install new one (jre-8u121-windows-i586.exe).
--------------------------- [ AppleProduction ] ---------------------------
Bonjour v.3.1.0.1
iTunes v.12.3.3.17 Warning! Download Update
^Please use Apple Software Update tool.^
Bonjour Service (Bonjour Service) - The service is running
------------------------------- [ Browser ] -------------------------------
Google Chrome v.56.0.2924.87 Warning! Download Update
Mozilla Firefox 49.0.1 (x86 en-US) v.49.0.1 Warning! Download Update
--------------------------- [ RunningProcess ] ----------------------------
C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe v.56.0.2924.87
------------------ [ AntivirusFirewallProcessServices ] -------------------
C:\Program Files (x86)\GlassWire\GlassWire.exe v.1.2.79.0
C:\Program Files (x86)\GlassWire\GWIdlMon.exe v.1.2.79.0
GlassWire Control Service (GlassWire) - The service is running
C:\Program Files (x86)\GlassWire\GWCtlSrv.exe v.1.2.79.0
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbam.exe v.3.0.0.912
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamtray.exe v.3.0.0.912
Malwarebytes Service (MBAMService) - The service is running
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMService.exe v.3.1.0.415
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe v.4.10.14393.0
Windows Defender Service (WinDefend) - The service is running
Windows Defender Network Inspection Service (WdNisSvc) - The service has stopped
ZAM Controller Service (ZAMSvc) - The service is running
C:\Program Files (x86)\Zemana AntiMalware\ZAM.exe v.2.72.0.176
---------------------------- [ UnwantedApps ] -----------------------------
Skype Click to Call v.8.5.0.9167 Warning! Browser's toolbar. It can slow down the working of your browser and have violation privacy problems.
----------------------------- [ End of Log ] ------------------------------

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,198 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:14 PM

Update Firefox....open FF > click on Help > choose About > Update

Uninstall the old Java programs....Java 8 Update 73....old Java is a malware magnet

Most users don't need or use Java

Uninstall Skype Click to Call

After doing the above and updating the programs mentioned in the scan needing updating....you are good to go.

#8 aaroniscrazy

aaroniscrazy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:04 PM

Which Java do I uninstall or do I uninstall both?

http://imgur.com/a/Q0IR4

Also is it normal for the cpu usage to be at almost 100% for a few minutes after the computer boots up? 

Thanks

#9 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,198 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:14 PM

You can check what is in your Windows startup to Disable the unnecessary using CCleaner. If you would like for me to

review the startup programs and Scheduled tasks...follow the directions below.

Open CCleaner and click on Tools. Choose Startups. On that page you will see a list of Windows Startups and at the top tabs for each browser and Scheduled Tasks.

At the bottom right of that page you will see a button when clicked will allow you to Copy and Paste the list of Windows Startups and Scheduled Tasks into your next

post. Please do that.

Delete both of the old Java programs mentioned in the Security scan....the update 73 ones.

#10 aaroniscrazy

aaroniscrazy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2017 - 02:17 PM

Here are the windows startup and scheduled tasks list

No HKCU:Run Akamai NetSession Interface Akamai Technologies, Inc. molby "C:\Users\molby\AppData\Local\Akamai\netsession_win.exe"
No HKCU:Run Amazon Music Amazon Services LLC molby "C:\Users\molby\AppData\Local\Amazon Music\Amazon Music Helper.exe"
No HKCU:Run Autodesk Sync Autodesk, Inc. molby C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Sync\AdSync.exe
Yes HKCU:Run CCleaner Monitoring Piriform Ltd molby "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe" /MONITOR
Yes HKCU:Run Dashlane Dashlane, Inc. molby "C:\Users\molby\AppData\Roaming\Dashlane\Dashlane.exe" autoLaunchAtStartup
Yes HKCU:Run DashlanePlugin Dashlane molby "C:\Users\molby\AppData\Roaming\Dashlane\DashlanePlugin.exe" ws
Yes HKCU:Run GlassWire SecureMix LLC molby "C:\Program Files (x86)\GlassWire\glasswire.exe" -hide
No HKCU:Run OneDrive Microsoft Corporation molby "C:\Users\molby\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDrive.exe" /background
No HKCU:Run Overwolf Overwolf Ltd molby C:\Program Files (x86)\Overwolf\OverwolfLauncher.exe -overwolfsilent
Yes HKCU:Run Skype Skype Technologies S.A. molby "C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /minimized /regrun
No HKCU:Run Steam Valve Corporation molby "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe" -silent
No HKLM:Run Adobe Creative Cloud Adobe Systems Incorporated All users "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\ACC\Creative Cloud.exe" --showwindow=false --onOSstartup=true
Yes HKLM:Run AdobeAAMUpdater-1.0 Adobe Systems Incorporated All users "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\UWA\UpdaterStartupUtility.exe"
No HKLM:Run ADSKAppManager Autodesk, Inc. All users "C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Autodesk Desktop App\AutodeskDesktopApp.exe" -tray
No HKLM:Run iTunesHelper Apple Inc. All users "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
Yes HKLM:Run Malwarebytes TrayApp Malwarebytes All users C:\PROGRAM FILES\MALWAREBYTES\ANTI-MALWARE\mbamtray.exe
No HKLM:Run pac Autodesk, Inc. All users C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Personal Accelerator for Revit\RevitAccelerator.exe
No HKLM:Run vmware-tray.exe VMware, Inc. All users "C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Workstation\vmware-tray.exe"
No HKLM:Run Wondershare Helper Compact.exe Wondershare All users C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Wondershare\Wondershare Helper Compact\WSHelper.exe
Yes HKLM:Run ZAM Copyright 2017. All users "C:\Program Files (x86)\Zemana AntiMalware\ZAM.exe" /minimized
No Startup User Folding@home.lnk molby C:\Program Files (x86)\FAHClient\HideConsole.exe

Yes Task AdobeAAMUpdater-1.0-MicrosoftAccount-molbyaaron@gmail.com Adobe Systems Incorporated molby C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\UWA\UpdaterStartupUtility.exe -mode=scheduled
Yes Task CCleanerSkipUAC Piriform Ltd molby "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe" $(Arg0)
Yes Task CreateExplorerShellUnelevatedTask Microsoft Corporation molby C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe /NOUACCHECK
Yes Task GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore Google Inc. All users C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe /c
Yes Task GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA Google Inc. All users C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe /ua /installsource scheduler
Yes Task OneDrive Standalone Update Task v2 Microsoft Corporation molby %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDriveStandaloneUpdater.exe
Yes Task Overwolf Updater Task Overwolf LTD All users C:\Program Files (x86)\Overwolf\OverwolfUpdater.exe /RunningFrom Schedule
Yes Task StartCN Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Users "C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\cncmd.exe" startwithdelay
Yes Task {BEA45E61-ADBD-41A9-ACA3-0A06A4522B21} Microsoft Corporation molby C:\WINDOWS\system32\pcalua.exe -a "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\fs9.exe" -d "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9"

#11 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,198 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2017 - 04:25 PM

Look in the list of installed programs for Wondershare. Uninstall it using Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware . Allow the Advanced Revo to uninstall completely.

Suggest Disabling these startups: Use CCleaner by clicking on each item and choosing Disable on the right.

Yes HKCU:Run CCleaner Monitoring Piriform Ltd molby "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe" /MONITOR
Yes HKCU:Run Dashlane Dashlane, Inc. molby "C:\Users\molby\AppData\Roaming\Dashlane\Dashlane.exe" autoLaunchAtStartup (Keep Dashlane in startup if you actually use it)
Yes HKCU:Run DashlanePlugin Dashlane molby "C:\Users\molby\AppData\Roaming\Dashlane\DashlanePlugin.exe" ws
Yes HKCU:Run Skype Skype Technologies S.A. molby "C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /minimized /regrun
Yes HKLM:Run AdobeAAMUpdater-1.0 Adobe Systems Incorporated All users "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\UWA\UpdaterStartupUtility.exe"
Yes HKLM:Run Malwarebytes TrayApp Malwarebytes All users C:\PROGRAM FILES\MALWAREBYTES\ANTI-MALWARE\mbamtray.exe (Keep in startup if you paid for it)
Yes HKLM:Run ZAM Copyright 2017. All users "C:\Program Files (x86)\Zemana AntiMalware\ZAM.exe" /minimized (keep in startup if you paid for it)

Delete this Windows Startup: Use CCleaner by clicking on it and choosing Delete on the right.

Disable these Tasks: Use CCleaner by clicking on each item and choosing Disable on the right.
Yes Task AdobeAAMUpdater-1.0-MicrosoftAccount-molbyaaron@gmail.com Adobe Systems Incorporated molby C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\UWA\UpdaterStartupUtility.exe -mode=scheduled
Yes Task CCleanerSkipUAC Piriform Ltd molby "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe" $(Arg0)
Yes Task GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA Google Inc. All users C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe /ua /installsource scheduler
Yes Task OneDrive Standalone Update Task v2 Microsoft Corporation molby %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDriveStandaloneUpdater.exe
Yes Task Overwolf Updater Task Overwolf LTD All users C:\Program Files (x86)\Overwolf\OverwolfUpdater.exe /RunningFrom Schedule
Yes Task {BEA45E61-ADBD-41A9-ACA3-0A06A4522B21} Microsoft Corporation molby C:\WINDOWS\system32\pcalua.exe -a "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\fs9.exe" -d "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9"

#12 aaroniscrazy

aaroniscrazy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2017 - 04:34 PM

So disable all those listed unless stated otherwise in red, correct?

#13 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,198 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2017 - 04:48 PM

Yes...keep in mind that you can reenable a startup if you think it is causing a hassle being disabled.

I edited this..missed adding the item to delete...you have it disabled but best to delete it if it is still there after uninstalling Wondershare

Delete this Windows Startup: Use CCleaner by clicking on it and choosing Delete on the right.
No HKLM:Run Wondershare Helper Compact.exe Wondershare All users C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Wondershare\Wondershare Helper Compact\WSHelper.exe

#14 aaroniscrazy

aaroniscrazy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2017 - 04:53 PM

If I select delete will this delete my entire computer or just the leftover files? I ask this because I believe it will delete all the selected items and my entire computer is selected.

http://imgur.com/a/sWko0

#15 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,198 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2017 - 05:13 PM

No...as shown...it will only delete the leftover registry values.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users