Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 8.1 -- Viruses? Malware? Hijacked?...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vitesselt

vitesselt

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 11 March 2017 - 04:46 PM

[Thanks ahead of time for your help.]

Physical Drive 1 -- Win 8.1 (64 bit) operating system

Physical Drive 2 -- All my files

Physical Drive 3 -- New drive to replace Drive 1 with Win 8.1 (64 bit) operating system

Got something nasty on Drive 1. 

Have reinstalled Win 8.1 (64 bit) operating system on Drive 3. Am still installing my applications.

Transferred some files from Drive 1 to Drive 2. Now, I have transferred, and am still transferring those Drive 1 files onto new Drive 3.

Fraught with disaster.

Have been running SuperAntiSpyware, Zemana Antimalware, Stinger 32, MB Adware Cleaner, MBAntiMalware, RogueKiller, ADSpy, MB Junkware Remover, TDSKiller, ListCWall, ShortCutCleaner, rKill, SpyBot, to clean anything nasty.  Also running in the background AntiLogger, MalwareBytes AntiExploit, MalwareBytesAnti-Ransom, ReasonCore.

Also have gmer, BlitzBlank but I am scared of them...

Been watching network with Glasswire, TCPview, cPorts, Wireshark... Not sure what I am seeing but doesn't look right.

I have to constantly clean my hosts file because something keeps putting (masses) of craps back in it.

Half the utilities find something -- half don't.  Lots of stuff came up in GMER.

Defender will not update.

HELP, I think I have all kinds of nasty stuff everywhere, including new drive and I need an expert so I can get this finished and get back to work!

Thanks,
Laurie

Moved from Windows 8 to Am I Infected

NickAu

Edited by vitesselt, 11 March 2017 - 06:46 PM.
Mod Edit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,675 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:15 PM

You need to start a new topic in the Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help.  When you open the new topic provide a link to the original topic.

The members of the Malware Response Team who respond to these topics are constantly inundated do to the high volume of requests for help in this forum.   For this reason it may take a couple of days before a Team member may be able to get to your topic.  

Do not add anything or bump your topic once you have posted your log.  The Malware Removal Team members look for topics which have not been addressed, if you post any additional information it will make it appear that the topic is being addressed.

After you have posted your new topic a Moderator will close this topic.  If it is determined that there is a software or hardware problem after cleaning the infection you can contact a Moderator to have this topic reopened.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 vitesselt

vitesselt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 12 March 2017 - 07:01 PM

Thanks for your response. I think I already started a new topic in that forum this morning ... https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/641882/originally-infection-made-multiple-hidden-partitions/

Is there anything else I need to do to do? Much thanks.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,675 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:27 AM

You do indeed have the topic in the proper forum.  These people are high in demand, so it may take a couple of days before one of the Malware Response Team members get to it.  Don't bump the topic, this will make it look like someone is addressing the topic.  You're in good hands.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users