Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Any idea on use of a AOpen DE35-hd tiny computer?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Ravenbar

Ravenbar

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 11 March 2017 - 04:22 PM

http://www.aopen.com/au/shop/products/digital-engine-de35-hd

The one was originally a Symon SDA-905r2. Basically designed as a system to power digital signage boards. Originally was running enmbedded Windows 7.

Recently came across this little thing. Equipped with an Kingston ssdnow 200 120Gb ssd. I've upgraded it to 8Gb of ram. Has AMD Embedded G-series CPU T56N (1.6GHz), Dual Core, TDP 18W processor. And integrated AMD Radeon HD 6310 (B0 version) graphics.

I had is set up as a NAS with FreeNas, but I found I wasn't using it so removed it from service. If I was to set it up again, I'd first like to locate a 2.5" 1Tb HDD and swap out the SSD for the HDD. FreeNas would run off a flash drive, as is recommended. I work in a facilityy that collects ewaste but haven't found but (1) 2.5" 1Tb drive and a gave that away before I found this.

Looking for another use for this little thing.

Would make a perfect wireless router(with integrated NAS) other than it only has 1 ethernet port and I need at least 2 for my main systems(Primary: John, running Linux Mint 17.3, and a Windows 7 that I play games on and use for Sketchup.) I see no way to add another ethernet port due to the form factor and using a seperate switch makes it no better than my current setup.

Desktops: "John2" Custom, Gigabyte F2A88Xm-D3H, AMD 6A-5400K Trinity 3.6Ghz Dual-Core APU, 16Gb DDR3  HyperX Fury 1866Mhz RAM, 120Gb Crucial Force LS SSD OS) Linux Mint 17.3, 320Gb Raid1 array consisting of (1) Seagate ST320LT020-9YG14 & (1) Fujitsu MZH2320B

Francisco: HP pavilion p7-1080t upgraded with 16Gb ram. Windows 7. Used only for Gaming

Server.GaltsGulch: HP Elite 8300 Small Form Factor, i7-3770, 16Gb ram, Kingston SSDNow 120Gb SSD, 3Tb storage HDD, Fedora Linux/Avahi, Headless

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users