Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possibly faulty battery on Dell XPS 13

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nzadeh

nzadeh

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:15 PM

I've had this Dell XPS 13 for about 1.5 years and out of nowhere I started experiencing battery problems. It may have been caused from bumping the laptop into something but I'm not sure. The battery either says it is fully charged or that it is not detected. If it says battery not detected, there is an X over the battery icon on my taskbar. Regardless of which state it's in (100% or not detected), unplugging the charging adapter will cause the computer to turn off instantly. It will not turn back on until I plug the adapter back in. It works fine otherwise, just this one problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,854 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:27 PM

The connections between the battery  and the unit itself may have gotten jammed and are making intermittent contact.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users