Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DST FAILURE... Advice on how i can solve this please?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rugah

Rugah

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2017 - 06:52 AM

I purchased a new Seagate HDD last week after an imminent failure of the previous one, installed an OS 10 pro but today my PC just won't boot up.
Run diagnostics, Memory is fine, Smart check is passed but Short DST FAILED... am waiting for the long DST to complete.
Please help, what do I do about this.
Any help will be much appreciated people

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rugah

Rugah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2017 - 06:53 AM

The long DST Fails also... Please help

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:52 AM

If both tests failed...Seagate diagnostics on Seagate drives...the message is clear, IMO.

The only thing impacting a hard drive diagnostic...is the functional state of the drive being diagnosed.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users