Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Codeblocks Environment error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 11 March 2017 - 02:12 AM

Hello, I want to code C++ in a Windows environment. I installed CodeBlocks. However, when I first open the IDE, a small message appears in the corner. Also, my code won't compile and run.

ujRq4E.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 newage

newage

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:58 AM

Just use Visual Studio.

#3 thelittleduck

thelittleduck

• Members
  • 920 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:08 AM

OP, have you seen http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=17336.0

#4 BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:54 PM

I fixed this problem. How did I do it? Well, the error message basically means that Code::Blocks IDE cannot find the path to the compiler. So you would have to set it manually. To do this, click in the menu at the top bar, and select Settings, Compiler.

QftJ1G.jpg

Then in the window that pops up, select GNU GCC Compiler.

Go to Toolchain executables.Now the compiler's installation directory that Code::Blocks set to default is wrong. So you would then have to manually use the File Browser to find the folder that contains the compiler. On my computer, the folder is called MinGW. However, I cannot guarantee that the folder name and absolute path is the same on your computer. Chances are that the compiler is already installed to your system but the IDE can't find it. It's up to you as the programmer to find the folder.

xbnFs9.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users