Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP! failure configuring windows updats reverting changes do not turn off

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 annax23

annax23

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2017 - 02:11 AM

Hello people of bleepingcomputer.

I need help. My laptop isn't working.

I noticed that my laptop was slow and full of pop up ads and chinese whatsoever everywhere. So I decided to take the matter to my own hands. I google tips and tricks on how to remove the 'viruses'. One site told me to download HitManPro. A malware remover? I guess, it was. It scanned my computer for about 30 minutes and so I deleted all files that were a "threat". After so, HitmanPro told me to restart my computer so I did. And now, my computer is stuck at the "Failure configuring" screen. I tried to fix this on my own too but none of the threads online seem to address my problem. All their problem were really because they tried to update Windows but I did no such thing. I only tried to remove malware from my PC and now it has come to this.

Please, anyone with knowledge about this? :guitar:

Edited by hamluis, 11 March 2017 - 01:46 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 annax23

annax23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2017 - 02:17 AM

may i add that i cant get past the screen whatever the hell I do and the f8 and f11 thingy that other people recommended me to do are not working. I tried turning it off and I chose all types of Safe Mode but it still isnt working. This has been like this for hours now. HELP! Also, I was in safe mode before all of this because like I said, I was removing malware. I think I deleted some .dll files too. I dont know if they were important but Hitman Pro said it was a threat so I did delete it. Please help me :))))

#3 anorkneemerse

anorkneemerse

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:16 AM

@ annax23

There are some "smart"-malware/virus that will auto-"destroy" the victims' computers when they detect that the victims are trying to delete them with anti-virus programs. This may be what happened to your computer, similar to ransomware infection. The only likely solution is to wipe the hard-disk and do a clean install of the OS or Win 7.

To prevent virus/malware infection .......

https://redshift.autodesk.com/10-tips-on-how-to-prevent-malware-from-infecting-your-computer/

Eg avoid torrent downloads of movies/music and opening strange email attachments.

Edited by anorkneemerse, 11 March 2017 - 08:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users