Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

no bootable device- insert boot disk

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 princessxversace

princessxversace

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2017 - 05:31 PM

So my laptop stopped working and I decided to reset it completely and in the middle of erasing my data, my laptop died, when i turned it on it said no bootable device -- restart device or something i look up the solutions and i changed the boot settings to csm boot and now it says this, how do I fix it?? I dont have a boot disk  (its a toshiba and i think its windows 10 or 8)

9C4162CF-D7C4-41F0-85FC-FE84056891C6_zps

Edited by princessxversace, 10 March 2017 - 05:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,029 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:14 PM

Your computer seems to be attempting to boot through the network. Since you don't have any servers on your network, it gives you that error message. Enter your BIOS setup and make sure the hard drive is in the correct boot order. It should probably be put right after the CD-ROM drive.

Good luck!

Edited by bwv848, 10 March 2017 - 10:03 PM.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,673 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:51 AM

You need to replace the cmos battery and then reset the bios to default settings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users