Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A Really Difficult Task! Will N E 1 Help Me?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 2 minds

2 minds

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 03 September 2006 - 03:14 PM

Hi, all you out there,

I have a problem; well a few actually, please bear with me and see if you could help me out at all. I would be eternally grateful :-) The help I need is for a research project I'm doing concerning the use of hands free mobile telephone devices whilst driving a moving vehicle.

I need to record some video footage, from within a vehicle moving at 30mph, whilst on a flat, dry road with a number of parked cars on one or two sides of the road (that's easy enough I can do that, or if there is one in existence that I could get permission to use...even better). However, I then need to superimpose a child running out from behind one of the parked cars (don't want to risk getting my nephew to take the star role, it could end in tears..computer generated would do). How should I go about doing that? or can anyone do that for me if I supply the 2 video files (i.e., one of road and then one of child running out) ?

That was problem 1.

Part 2 of my dilemma.....I need to have a timing device that is synchronised perfectly (accurate every time) with the video footage taken from within the vehicle moving at 30mph (similar to what the police have on their chase footage) and that can accurately show timing increments of 100th or 1000th of a second.

Finally I need the video file (whilst been played on a pc) to be able to be stopped by way of the Microsoft car steering wheel and pedal setup i.e., by using the brake pedal, or alternatively by way of an external micro switch (which i can mount on the pedal set up) that is interfaced with the pc and is programmed to perform the same operation necessary to stop the timer and video at the same time...

I could really really do with some help on this one, so if you know how, then please helpppppppp!

Thanks for taking the time to read this even if you are unable to assist.

Regards

Edited by 2 minds, 04 September 2006 - 01:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 2 minds

2 minds
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 05 September 2006 - 05:00 AM

Close this topic/thread please, I have managed to find some help with the project. Thanks to anyone who took the time to have a look.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users