Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iPhone 6S not backing up to iTunes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CaveStoryKing64

CaveStoryKing64

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:43 PM

Hello! I have been recently having issues with iTunes. Whenever I want to backup my phone, I cannot. I have tried to switch the cable but that didn't work, and I have even tried to use another computer that didn't even have iTunes on it, and it still didn't work. If I launch iTunes and then start up my phone, it would do the whole trust computer thing, but when I hit trust on my phone, it would do nothing. (and yes, I had logged in.) On my iPod Touch, this is not an issue and iTunes works just fine. I actually found out about this issue when I accidentally deleted some notes on my phone and tried to recover them with a program called iMyFone D-Back. When I plugged it in, it even showed me my device name, but when I tried to recover it it asked me for an iTunes decryption password. I have used that feature in the past, but I don't anymore, and even if I did then it would have worked on the new computer. I figured that it might be my driver, so I went into my Device Manager on Windows, then went into Portable Devices, then clicked on Apple iPhone, which I noticed had a yellow exclamation mark next to it. I double-clicked it, and I saw that in the device status it said this:

"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

{Operation Failed}
The requested operation was unsuccessful."

It usually doesn't have this error, but sometimes it does.

I even tried to update and remove the driver with this tutorial:

but it always said that I was running the latest driver software.
Can you please help me?

Also, the device is an iPhone 6S, running iOS 9.3.3 that is jailbroken. However, I have backed it up before in a jailbroken state on the same version, and it has worked perfectly.

I also have an iPod Touch which is running iOS 9.3.3, and it is not jailbroken, and it works perfectly fine.

If I slide to power off my phone, sometimes it will show my phone for a split second, if I am fast enough I can click it and see stuff like my phone number and the other information that would usually show up before it completely shuts off.

Sorry for the lengthy post, and thank you for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Goddess_Bastet

Goddess_Bastet

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:24 AM

You may have tried this but if not here is my suggestion:
Right-click the Apple Mobile Device entry in Device Manager and choose Update Driver Software.  
• Select "Browse my computer for driver software."
• Select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer."
• Click the Have Disk button. Note: If the Have Disk option is not present, choose a device category such as Mobile Phone or Storage Device if listed, and then click next. The Have Disk button should then appear.
• Click the Browse button and navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers.
• Double-click the "usbaapl" file. (This file will be called "usbaapl64" if you have a 64-bit version of Windows. If you don't see "usbaapl64" here, or if there is no Drivers folder, look in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers. instead).
• Click Open in the Have Disk window. Then, click Next and then Click Finish. Windows will install the driver.

#3 CaveStoryKing64

CaveStoryKing64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2017 - 02:55 PM

So now when I go into the device manager and click on Apple iPhone, which still has a yellow exclamation mark next to it, when I double-click it, and NOW device status says this:

"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API."

Okay, now when I did what you said, I just got this error:

(link to image, whenever I try to paste it directly it just says 'You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.')

https://mega.nz/#!9gphHbrL!tJVu4vD-zFX1oTXTNFrjqDI54FcXUE860UgMsc483Rw

Thanks for your help, though! This is good progress as it eliminates a possibility, getting us closer to finding out the root cause.

Edited by CaveStoryKing64, 12 March 2017 - 02:46 PM.

#4 CaveStoryKing64

CaveStoryKing64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:33 PM

I think I will have to update my phone in order to reinstall the operating system and fix the issue. Doing this, however, will most likely overwrite the note I was trying to get back in the first place. Do any of you know of a program that you can install through cydia that recovers files locally? Thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users