Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Shared Registry Keys?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jfirestorm44

jfirestorm44

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 03 September 2006 - 02:10 PM

I'm having a problem with SpywareGuard. The problem is everytime I try to execute it, the installation process for Boson Net sim keeps popping up. I had that program a while ago but uninstalled it so I'm not sutre why it keeps popping up. I went to the registry editor and found some Boson keys and deleted them then I ran CCleaner registry clean and it found some shared keys for Boson and some other Boson keys. I can't find anymore but It keeps popping up when I try to run SpywareGuard. I have also searched for any files that might have been left behind.

I hope someone can help me with this.

Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 03 September 2006 - 02:31 PM

Are you using the simulator utility or is it just the installer that is being opened?

If it is just the installer, try finding it and deleting it.

You also may want to seek assistance from Boson technical support as this is kind of a very specialized product and they may know of workarounds for this specific problem.
You can reach their tech support at the following address:
http://www.topshareware.com/Boson-Router-S...nload-10958.htm

#3 jfirestorm44

jfirestorm44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 03 September 2006 - 02:45 PM

It's just the installer that's being opened. It can't install anything because I've deleted everything I could find. So even If I let it try to install It comes up with an error. I have deleted every piece of this program I could find so I don't know why it's still trying to install.

Also why is it that even if I reinstall Spywareguard it still does that? I can't seem to figure out where these programs are tied together at.

I haven't had Boson on my computer for about 6 months and now all of the sudden it want's to be a part of another program.

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 03 September 2006 - 03:33 PM

Installers are often stored in temp files.
Have you tried deleting system (not necessarilly the browser) temp files?

Try cleaning the temp files by clicking on the "My Computer" icon on your desktop, highlight your primary hard drive and right click
choose "properties"
Press the "disk cleanup" button.

After it scans for possible disk cleanup options and populates the window, choose the temp files.

If, when you downloaded this ap you saved the installer to a file that was not a temp file, find it and delete it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users