Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google search 'finishes' but doesnt show results

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Defink

Defink

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 09 March 2017 - 02:06 PM

Hello people,

I tried the troubleshooting section of Firefox and was redirected to this forum because the suggested actions did not help.

Description of the problem:

Since yesterday (8th of march) both facebook and google search started loading extremely slow. (On both Firefox and Microsoft Edge, but YouTube for example loads fine)
For example: I start facebook and it'll show one post and keeps loading the other posts.
As far as Google goes: it'll immediately shpws a blank google page (same speed as usual) then 'estimated X results (X seconds)' pops up followed by loading for another minute or so until slowly displaying the URLs..

I already tried: Checking for updates, flushing my DNS cache, deleting history/cookies and stuff, pinging google (came back 28ms as usual with no packet loss), followed the troubleshooting page of most browsers and also some forum posts, finishing it off with scanning my computer using MalwareBytes Free version (came back with no detections). Edit: tried disabling all add-ons also.

More edits: I have a decent computer with 3.1Ghz quad core and 8GB ram and have had no issues before with slow connection or so.
also scanned with SUPERantispyware free version and it deleted 20 items (Cookie Trackers I believe they were called) after restarting in safe mode and then restarting again in normal mode: the issues with google are resolved. Facebook still doesn't load though (not even in Firefox safe mode).

Has anybody have more suggestions or knows how to fix this? It's really bothering me since I kind of need Google for research for work.

SOLUTION:
Refreshed firefox. Both facebook and google display results as fast as they did before.

Edited by Defink, 09 March 2017 - 02:46 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users