Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound card for Astro A40 mixamp pro (GEN 1)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ChucklesBuk

ChucklesBuk

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:53 AM

I have an Astro A40 + Mixamp pro (gen 1).

I've heard that the Creative Sound Blaster Z and the Creative Sound Blaster X-fi titanium fatal1ty professional series sound cards are good for the Astro mixamp pro, both have Dolby Digital Live (DDL).

Which sound card should i get?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,363 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:27 PM

What are you using the sound card have? What are the specs of your computer?

Modern motherboards have mid-range sound cards built in. Most PC enthusiasts today use the integrated sound in their motherboard.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3 ChucklesBuk

ChucklesBuk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:38 AM

Modern motherboards have mid-range sound cards built in. Most PC enthusiasts today use the integrated sound in their motherboard.

Im using a creative sound blaster x-fi surround 5.1 pro external sound card.

This is my pc specs:

Gigabyte H170M-D3H

INTEL core i5-7500

8GB ram

Nvidia GTX 1060 3G

1TB WD BLUE

EVGA 500W PSU

The motherboard I have does not have an optical port, it cannot be used with my astro headset with the mixamp pro, so I have to use my old sound blaster x-fi surround external sound card for mysetup.

Edited by ChucklesBuk, 15 March 2017 - 01:42 AM.

#4 CyberSec_ET

CyberSec_ET

• Members
  • 151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:03 PM

Im using a creative sound blaster x-fi surround 5.1 pro external sound card.

This is my pc specs:

Gigabyte H170M-D3H

INTEL core i5-7500

8GB ram

Nvidia GTX 1060 3G

1TB WD BLUE

EVGA 500W PSU

The motherboard I have does not have an optical port, it cannot be used with my astro headset with the mixamp pro, so I have to use my old sound blaster x-fi surround external sound card for mysetup.

SOUND CARDS WITH OPTICAL PORT

HT | OMEGA Claro Halo 24-bit 192KHz PCI Interface Sound Card w/ a built-in HI-FI Headphone Amplifier

ASUS Xonar DG 5.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card

Creative Sound Blaster Z PCIe 116dB SNR Gaming Sound Card with 600ohm Headphone Amp and Beamforming Microphone

HT | OMEGA CLARO II 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Interface Sound Card

HT | OMEGA FENIX 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Express x1 Interface Sound Card

PowerColor DEVIL HDX 7.1 Channels PCI Express x1 44.1K/48K/88.2K/96K/192KHz @ 16bit/24bit Sound Card

Creative Sound Blaster Z 30SB150200000 5.1 Channels 24-bit PCI Express x1 Interface Sound Card

Creative Sound Blaster ZxR PCIe 124dB SNR Sound Card with 600ohm Headphone Amp and Desktop Audio Control Module

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users