Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

None of My Programs will Open Now

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 F-1DeskLamp

F-1DeskLamp

• Members
  • 307 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 09 March 2017 - 03:19 AM

The search engines opens fine.  The documents and simple thing opens fine, but no programs otherwise will open now.  What happens is the first window of the program opens, and it is incomplete.  In some cases they just say they must close.  In others the initial login window disappears except on the taskbar.  Others stay on the screen, but they are incomplete, no buttons, and it will not progress to anything except some malformed portrait of the original window that the program usually presents.  

I have restarted the computer a few times, and I have tried to restore it to two different points.  Nothing worked, and the restore measure couldn't restore.  The computer tells me that it couldn't complete the restoration two times.  

I have quad core, 16G RAM, SSD, HHD etc.  This is not outdated hardware.  I'm running Windows 10. 

Help is appreciated

Edited by F-1DeskLamp, 09 March 2017 - 03:25 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 09 March 2017 - 04:08 AM

See if issue resolves from Safe Mode.

http://www.digitalcitizen.life/4-ways-boot-safe-mode-windows-10

Posted Image

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,617 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:41 AM

What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

#4 F-1DeskLamp

F-1DeskLamp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 307 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:01 AM

I still have to run the safemode trick, but the things that changed were a Window update and a AMD graphics card update as far as I know other than ordinary pic downloads and news website visits.  

#5 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,617 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:34 AM

Okay, then I'd also like to know what happens in safe mode.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:40 AM

Are these Windows program/applications or third party programs?

If you press the windows keywindowskey_zps092d5c75.png  and the X key does this open the Windows Mobility Center menu?

If it does can you select Command Prompt (Admin.)?

Edited by dc3, 09 March 2017 - 08:40 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 BIGBEARJEDI

BIGBEARJEDI

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:10 PM

Hi,

It would be helpful to have the exact make/model of your Motherboard at the very least.  Full HW specs are normally required if you have either a self-built PC or custom-built PC; that would include the Mobo specs, CPU chip make/model, GPU chip make/model, RAM sticks make/model, HDD make/model and SSD make/model, PSU make/model/wattage.  PC hardware varies so widely, we are just throwing suggestions at the wall and hope we hit the side of the barn here.  Poor quality hardware or failing hardware accounts for a significant number of problems such as yours, and we need to examine that information if you can provide it.  If this is an OEM computer (Dell, HP, Acer, Toshiba, etc.) we still need specs too.  If you don't have those handy or you bought the computer used at a computer store or even a yard sale and lack documentation on exact what hardware is inside your PC, visit https://piriform.com and download the free SPECCY diagnostic; run the program and download the resulting output text file back here to this thread for us to analyze.

Also, we need to know if you are running W10 Home or W10 Pro; that's important due to recent Windows Update issues.

You mention you did several W10 restorations; but that's not an accurate term?  What exactly did you do to W10?  Did you run SYSTEM RESTORE from a Restore Point, did you perform a W10 Boot Repair, did you perform a W10 Reset?  Did you perform a W10 Reinstallation from Factory RECOVERY MEDIA? 

We need more information than you've given us unfortunately.  Providing more information to us will help us to better help you!

Thanks in advance, :thumbsup2:

<<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>>

Edited by BIGBEARJEDI, 09 March 2017 - 08:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users