Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Complicated Wi-Fi Connectivity Issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 girliegig

girliegig

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 AM

Posted 09 March 2017 - 01:09 AM

Modem/Router: Motorola Surfboard SBG6580
Router: Netgear N300
Laptop: MacBook Air
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5
ISP: TWC - I think it's DSL
Apple TV

I've been using the Motorola Surfboard alone for months for all Wi-Fi needs at home (Android, MacBook, Apple TV) without much consequence except that the Internet connection is often dropped requiring reboot after reboot after reboot. I was living with it, annoying as it was. The soft resets stopped being effective, and I've now done way too many hard resets for my own comfort. Still, things were okay until today.

Today, even though the Surfboard lights are all aglow, I cannot connect wirelessly to the Internet on anything.

Apple TV says there is no connection. MacBook Air shows that I'm connected, but there is no Internet.
My phone says it's connected, then I get a notification I've never seen before saying I must sign in to the network, even though I supposedly did that already in the Wi-Fi settings. When I click on the notification (yellow triangle with exclamation point), the phone tries to open an Internet page. Then I get the unable to connect error page.

So, I got out my old Netgear router and connected it via Ethernet to the Surfboard. I see the new network, enter the password, and the same merry-go-round happens on all devices.

I tried connecting Apple TV to Netgear using Ethernet. Can't connect to store. I restarted the Apple TV box, now I don't even see the screen with Netflix, etc.

So confused! Any ideas? If so, walk me slowly, please.

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 girliegig

girliegig
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 AM

Posted 09 March 2017 - 01:44 AM

Please delete. Problem was not technical. Apologies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users