Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Android vs iOS - which is better?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 PM

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:54 PM

People who think Android OS is best, why do you think so?
I am just being curious.
What other advantages, in your view, does Android have over iOS, besides:
- torrenting with 'Flud' or any other app of the sorts;
- usually cheaper cell phones as compared to Apple smartphones;
- some Android phones have a better battery life;
- 3.5mm headphone jack;
- some Android smartphones have a better display;
- dual-SIM capability;
- better customization;
- some Android smartphones might be considered more atractive to some people in terms of design?

What other charasteristics apart from the ones listed do you think Android smartphones have which make them the better choice as compared to iPhones? Why?

:)

Edited by Just_One_Question, 08 March 2017 - 08:55 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,359 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 AM

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:03 PM

Mine are simple:

1.  The vast library of apps, many free and many that are very low cost for the complex things they do, available on the Google Play Store.

2.  The ability to customize Android with a huge number of themes and the ability to use a theme as a base and tweak it further to your liking.

I am accustomed to Windows on computers and the vast customization ability that comes with it along with an unparalleled variety of applications.  Android is like this in the smartphone world.

When it comes to Apple (and they make good products, don't get me wrong) you either become a part of the Apple borg or you go crazy at not being able to tweak what you want to.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition of casting pearls before swine.

~ Brian Vogel

#3 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:22 PM

Mine are simple:

1.  The vast library of apps, many free and many that are very low cost for the complex things they do, available on the Google Play Store.

2.  The ability to customize Android with a huge number of themes and the ability to use a theme as a base and tweak it further to your liking.

I am accustomed to Windows on computers and the vast customization ability that comes with it along with an unparalleled variety of applications.  Android is like this in the smartphone world.

When it comes to Apple (and they make good products, don't get me wrong) you either become a part of the Apple borg or you go crazy at not being able to tweak what you want to.

Thank you for the response! :)

I see what you're saying. However, don't many apps first come in the Apple app store and then on the Google Play Store or at worst simultaneously on both stores? As for your second point, I completely understand you. It's a matter of preferance, I admit. I for one used to really like customizations of this type when I was younger, but nowadays I just think that iOS pretty much comes with the best possible configuration and most if not all alterations usually either don't bring any improvement or atleast not a significant enough betterment as to justify the effort invested. That's just my 2 cents.
BTW, I feel like I made quite some mistakes in terms of spelling, so I'd like to apologize in advance as I'm an old school 'dictionary spell-check guy' and it's getting kind of late so I decided to skip it this time around.
Anyways, thank you again! :)

#4 Goddess_Bastet

Goddess_Bastet

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:50 AM

Android phones/tablets usually have a limited time frame where OS updates are offered, usually two years while iOS devices are supported for three or more years, I have a Galaxy Note 4 running marshmallow but it's not getting the Nougat update whereas I have an iPhone 5s & iPad mini 3 running iOS 10, to be fair chances are for these two devices iOS 11 may be their last, if so then it'll be at least 4 years the iPhone has been supported with OS updates.
Cost of Apps are usually a bit more on the Apple App Store but on the flip side they're trustworthy whereas with Google Play its been known to have a few fake apps & malware-filled apps. With Apple devices you don't need anti virus/anti malware apps, with Android you do.
In a nutshell: Android devices are much cheaper than Apple devices but Apple devices are more secure & are supported with OS updates for longer.

Edited by Goddess_Bastet, 10 March 2017 - 09:52 AM.

#5 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:03 AM

Thank you for the input! :)

#6 Alex7774

Alex7774

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:58 AM

OMG.... I have Android phone and ApplePhone. Apple have some advantages and cons, and Android too. Nothing is better than Nokia 3310. Nokia - Highly recommend!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users