Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

[WIN7] Black screen with mouse cursor

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 blocked

blocked

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:20 PM

Hi,

I have my friend's laptop(Samsung np-rv508). When i turn on after the 'Windows start up' i get a black screen with mouse cursor. 'Windows key + U' is not working neither press shift several times until the sticky keys window appears(it shows only yes/no options) and sometimes i get the message error "The instruction at 0x71B7.... referenced memory at 0x719E... The required data was not placed into memory because an I/O error status of 0xc000...".

I have installed kbuntu and it's working without error. When i installed win7 i get the same black screen with mouse cursor.

What i can try?i need install win7.

Edited by blocked, 08 March 2017 - 03:22 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:09 PM

Before the Windows startup screen appears press F8 repetitively until you get the advanced options menu.

Select "repair your computer" from the top of the list.

Select "system restore" from the repair options that appear.

Restore the PC to a time before the problem existed.

How did you go?

#3 blocked

blocked
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2017 - 12:17 AM

How to restore the PC if i recently installed win7?

The problem with cursor there exist in safe mode.

#4 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 09 March 2017 - 12:58 AM

Are there no restore points?

#5 blocked

blocked
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:54 AM

I choose 'directory services restore mode' and it's started command 'chkdsk'.
And not changed anything on the screen for 3 hours.

#6 anorkneemerse

anorkneemerse

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:56 AM

@ blocked

"I've faced this issue myself before, but difference with yours is that I still can move the mouse cursor around and windows just wont go into the desktop. It happened when I reformat my desktop and updated the graphics driver. When I removed it, I am able to go into desktop.

Try to boot up in safe mode and check windows updates if there was a recent graphics driver update."

..quoted from ..... https://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/340127-my-laptop-not-booting-just-black-screen.html

Refer also to ...

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/d47aece7-5e12-46ec-8d3e-e8671730a7ce/forum-faqafter-logging-into-windows-7-a-black-screen-appears-and-the-desktop-is-missing

Edited by anorkneemerse, 10 March 2017 - 09:04 AM.

#7 Goddess_Bastet

Goddess_Bastet

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:05 AM

Do you have a wireless mouse &/or keyboard connected?
I know there's a connection between Logitech wireless mice & keyboards, windows 10 & black scree w/ cursor especially after an update where there's also a rotating dotted circle, unplugging any USB devices especially your mouse/keyboard will allow the update to continue, sometimes you may have to restart the pc without the peripherals connected to get things working. I'm wondering whether your problem is connected to this even though you have Windows 7.

#8 blocked

blocked
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:54 PM

@Goddess_Bastet i don't have a wireless mouse(and from BIOS i set 'Wireless Device Control' to Always Off) and i use laptop keypad.

In BIOS i have Legacy OS Boot enabled and Graphics Memory to "Auto"Shared". It's ok?

@anorkneemerse i cannot go to Safe mode , the black screen appears or it says :

"Loading Windows Files:

Loaded: \Windows\...

Loaded: \Windows\...

Please wait...

"

for an hour.

Edited by blocked, 10 March 2017 - 03:28 PM.

#9 blocked

blocked
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:25 AM

After command 'chkdsk /f' i get 'Operating system not found' when i exited from this recovery.
After turn on the laptop i get the same black screen with cursor but sound(sound of windows when desktop appears)

Edited by blocked, 11 March 2017 - 11:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users