Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

1 month in and cpu is already slow?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:27 AM

Hey guys, I just bought a new computer with a good graphics card and at first when I bought it, the games were running smooth and a lot better, but overtime (Like 1-2 months) the same games start getting a lot of fps drops etc, I just want to figure out if my computer is running good, and if there are any programs I should use to try and figure out the issues (If any) and make it run games smoother again. Please and thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 PM

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:58 AM

If you are really concerned about your computer hardware, there are many different hardware monitors you can use. A good place to start is to describe your PC, the components that you have in your PC if it is home made or the brand and model if it is store bought.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:33 AM

I bought it from a store it's info is :

Manufactuerer : Acer

Model : Predator G3-710

Processor :  intel core i5 6400 @ 2.70Ghz

Ram : 16GB

#4 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,809 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:41 AM

You can start by installing and running this monitor;

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

It is freeware monitor, so I always donate to them when I download it.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#5 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,809 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:46 AM

Depending on how much you care about "cleaning" out your PC, I would recommend that you do a clean install of Windows from scratch, right down to the bare metal. That would eliminate any bloatware that you may have and give you a clean start to a brand new system. The average clean install takes about;

30 minutes to prepare

15 minutes to perform

2 hours to reconfigure

You have to have an external hard drive to copy your data to if you want to go this route, but I do it regularly and it makes a big difference.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:42 AM

Doing a reinstall of the operating system on a computer this new is a little over the top.  I would suggest gathering a little more information before going to extremes.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.

The one piece of information the Speccy will not provide is the make and model of your PSU.  If you know what it is please post this along with the Speccy link which will be generated.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy...1png_zpsr3irze6o.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy...2_zpsia3rp09d.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy...3_zpsnj1twsfh.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please download AdwCleaner and install it.

When AdwCleaner opens you will see an image like the one below.

adwcleaner11_zps48314883.png

Click on Scan to start the scan.

Once the search is complete a list of the pending items will be displayed.  If you see any which you do not want removed, remove the check mark next to it.

If there are no malicious programs are found you will receive the following message.

adwcleaner%20111_zpsiduqrrrp.png  

Click on Clean to remove the selected items.  If you have any questions about any items in the list please copy and paste the list in your topic so we can review it.  

You will receive a message telling you that all programs will be closed so that the infections can be removed.  Click on OK.  The computer will be restarted to complete the cleaning process.

When the cleaning process is complete a log of what was removed will be presented.  Please copy and the paste this log in your topic.

Edited by dc3, 08 March 2017 - 10:42 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,710 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:50 AM

+1 DC3.

Most slowdowns start with things being loaded on boot that the user is not aware of.

With these commercially sold computers from manufacturers, there is a ton of garbage that is loaded on the drive that generates extra money for them. Trialware, adware, "helper" overlays for system configurations and other junk are loaded on boot. The problem with reinstalling Windows from a recovery partition is that same garbage gets re-loaded fresh and you must deal with it again.

In addition to the above, over time and various software program installations many programs install update checkers to see if a newer version of that program is available. These updaters check every time you boot the computer or when you boot that program and then just sit there doing nothing except eating clock cycles off the CPU. The majority of these can be removed, and you can manually check for updates occasionally. Many programs load a system tray icon so you can ID some of them from there.

For years I have been removing these from clients' computers and their units start running fast again; it's pretty amazing the difference it makes, plus freeing up hundreds of mega of storage on your computer.

You can start by enterint Task Manager, and identifying the various things posted there. You can Google-search most of them. If you are interested, we can go further in to this.

[EDIT]:  additional question....do you play online games mostly, or are the dropped frames you are experiencing from installed games running off your hard drive?

Edited by ranchhand_, 08 March 2017 - 10:52 AM.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#8 PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2017 - 12:11 PM

I'll do what dc3 said and post all the info I got, and I play online games like "BlackDesertOnline, Bladeandsoul,"

#9 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,710 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2017 - 02:33 PM

So your problem may also be your internet connection.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2017 - 02:38 PM

Run speed test and post the upload speed and the download speed.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#11 PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:53 PM

So I did the speecy thing, and there was one thing that came red :

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/JFskdMUDqNeIMmBXZJPHMol

"

Storage
119GB KINGSTON RBU-SNS8152S3128GG2 (SSD): 
56 °C
931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1SB102 (SATA): 
44 °C

Optical Drives"

The #56 under KINGSTON STORAGE was red, and for the speed test results are : http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6114090982

#12 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:25 AM

Your temperatures are a little on the warm side.  I would suggest opening the case and inspect the interior for dust.  Especially the fan and heatsink assembly on the CPU and the fan on the GPU.  If there is an appreciable amount of dust purchase a canned duster (this usually is incorrectly referred to as "canned air") and blow out the dust.  Do not use a conventional vacuum cleaner as this generates static electricity which can kill electronic components.

Please download and run CPUID's HWMonitor.  Please post an image of the voltages and temperatures.  You can either use the Snipping tool to create the image or make a screen shot.

I don't have a good feel for your level of computer literacy, so I will post instructions for making a screen shot and instructions for posting an image in your topic.  The method of posting the image can be used for both means of creating the image.

How to make a screenshot and post it in your topic

1. Download and run A Thousand Words .

2. Follow the wizard to capture a screenshot.

3. Use the built-in editor to resize, edit, or re-capture your screen shot.

4. Your screen shot will be saved to your desktop when you finish the wizard.

You can post the screenshot in your next post as an attachment.  

Just below the area where you write text in a post there is the Post button, to the right of this is More Reply Options.

Post2_zpsf05c0430.png

When you click on More Relpy Options  you will see Attach Files and Browse, click on Browse, this will open Pictures on your computer, click on the image you want to post, then click on Attach This File, then Add Reply.

attachment_zps9v6amtri.png

Edited by dc3, 09 March 2017 - 08:29 AM.

#13 vcolev

vcolev

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2017 - 12:03 PM

Like mentioned before run adware and spyware programs to see if you got a bug. Also run your anti-virus with full setting not quick setting.

#14 PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2017 - 05:05 PM

So I took 2 pictures, one of the top half and one of the bottom half, hope I did it right.

Also I did use anti virus and seems like there's no virus.

Attached File  Dhillon_2_02_43 PM.jpg   81.03KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Dhillon_2_03_50 PM.jpg   78.92KB   0 downloads

#15 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:50 AM

This HWMonitor confirms my suspicion, your PSU is not putting out the correct voltages.  If there is any warranty for this computer I would have the seller replace the PSU.  If you replace the PSU you will need at least a 400W PSU for the GeForce GTX 960.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users