Thank you for your reply.
Booting my pc is still slow to get into windows too. But it's been slow since windows 10 decided to load without me wanting it to.
Win10 is more secure, and Microsoft support will continue for it (maybe indefinitely) far longer than it will for earlier versions of the Operating System. Your system is mostly clean of malware, and my intention is to clean the remnants, but also to help you configure for better performance.
Please perform all the steps below, but pay particular attention to the Autoruns section. By disabling the automatic launch of unnecessary processes, you can improve your boot-up performance.
Do System File Check
- Please press and hold down the Windows key and type X on your keyboard at the same time.
- Click Command Prompt (Admin).
- The black Select Administrator Command Prompt window will open.
- Copy and paste sfc /scannow into that window, and press Enter.
- Allow the process time to complete.
- When done, copy and paste the entire contents of the black window into your reply.
We need to remove some programs with Revo Uninstaller (Free):
Note: Revo Uninstaller is more thorough in deleting programs on your computer than using the Add/Remove option in Windows. Since it is a more powerful tool, please be sure to follow the instructions carefully.
Note: If any program you want to uninstall is not listed by Revo, let me know and we will try an alternate method of removal.
- Please download and install Revo Uninstaller Free.
note: there is no need to click anything on that page. The download will start automatically.
- Double click Revo Uninstaller to run it.
- From the list of programs, double click on the following program(s), or anything similar, to remove it (them):
Zip Opener Packages
- When prompted if you want to uninstall, click Yes.
- Be sure the Moderate option is selected then click Next.
- The program will run. If prompted again, click Yes.
- When the built-in uninstaller is finished, click Next.
- After the program has searched for leftovers, click Next.
- Check the items in bold only on the list. Then click Delete.
note: you may have to expand some folders by clicking the "+" mark.
- When prompted, click Yes and then Next.
- Put a checkmark on any folders that are found and select Delete.
- When prompted, select Yes then Next.
- When done, click Finish.
Let's run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) in FIX mode
Save your work and exit all programs because Farbar Recovery Scan Tool will reboot your computer.
GroupPolicy\User: Restriction <======= ATTENTION
GroupPolicyUsers\S-1-5-21-3179264836-768581263-2926507654-1003\User: Restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Restriction <======= ATTENTION
- Please press and hold down the Windows key and type R on your keyboard at the same time. This will open the Run dialog box.
- Type Notepad into the Run box and click OK.
- Please copy and paste the entire contents of the code box below into a new file.
- On the Notepad menu, click Format and remove the checkmark from Word Wrap.
- Save the file as fixlist.txt into the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.
- The location is listed in the 3rd line of the FRST.txt log you have submitted.
Run FRST64.exe and click Fix only once and wait until the program completes execution.
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user to be used on this particular machine. Running this script on another machine may cause damage to your operating system.
If requested, restart the computer normally to reset the registry.
The tool will create a log (Fixlog.txt). Please post it into your reply.
Let's run FRST in Search mode
- Double-click on FRST64.exe to open it.
- In the search box, type the following:
- Press Search Files and wait for FRST to complete the search.
- A log file (Search.txt) will open in the same folder where FRST is located when complete. Please post the contents into your next reply.
Disable Autoruns Entries
- Please download AutoRuns and save it to your desktop.
- Double click the AutoRuns.zip folder (or, if necessary, right click and select Extract.)
- Double click autoruns.exe for 32 bit computers or autoruns64.exe for 64 bit computers to launch the program.
- Uncheck any items you do not need to launch every time your PC boots up. Note: This does not mean you can't run the program. It only means that it won't automatically launch at startup whether you use it or not.
- If you are unsure about an entry, you can Google it or check the item in the BleepingComputer Startup List or you can ask me about it.
- Reboot your computer and note any performance improvement.
Note that we will trim some of the burden from your browsers in a later post.
In your next reply...
- Copy and paste the entire SFC scan session into the body of your message.
- Confirm you were able to delete Zip Opener Packages and any similarly named programs.
- Copy and paste the entire contents of Fixlog.txt into the body of your message.
- Copy and paste the entire contents of Search.txt into the body of your message.
- Did you disable a significant number of start-up items in Autoruns?
- How is your computer running now?