Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

EaseUS showing no backup in the location that I know has a full backup

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 huntsin2

huntsin2

• Members
  • 253 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:55 PM

Hi,

Is anyone familiar with EaseUS todo backup free software? I did a full backup and it is stored on an external hard drive. However, EaseUS is showing that there is no backup in that location.

I tried going to tools and then Mount/Unmount. I then browsed to the location of the full backup and it said it mounted successfully yet my screen still says no backup.

I will attach a screenshot.

I tried looking through the manual but didn't find anything in there about creating a differential from a full backup.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

I was hoping to post a screen shot, but after copying the link from photobucket and putting it in the url spot for image properties it says that this type of file is not allowed on this site. I am just trying to show a .jpg file. If anyone knows how to upload a screen shot I would really appreciate help with that as well.

Edited by huntsin2, 08 March 2017 - 08:28 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 3,851 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 PM

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:57 AM

huntsin2:

I am an Easeus Todo Backup Home user, and have been for several years.  I would suggest that you visit the Easeus Forums and report your issue there.  I visit their Forums daily.

If you have a paid product, you will get immediate support from their techs.  They will even arrange remote sessions if they cannot resolve it otherwise.  Excellent customer support.

Hope this helps.  Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Graduate of the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Study Hall

#3 huntsin2

huntsin2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 253 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:03 PM

Hi Phil,

I have just the free version and I read that they only provide support for people with paid versions.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,437 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 PM

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:18 PM

I don't have any experience with Easeus but when you say the image mounted successfully did you see an additional drive letter in My Computer. When you mount an image Easeus should create another drive letter and by clicking on the new drive letter let you explore the contents of the image. 

http://www.todo-backup.com/products/features/mount-backup-image-file.htm

If you were able to successfully mount the image you should be able to browse to the image on your external drive when doing a restore. 

Easeus does have a forum for users of their free products

http://forum.easeus.com/viewforum.php?f=27

#5 huntsin2

huntsin2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 253 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:52 PM

I don't have any experience with Easeus but when you say the image mounted successfully did you see an additional drive letter in My Computer. When you mount an image Easeus should create another drive letter and by clicking on the new drive letter let you explore the contents of the image. 

http://www.todo-backup.com/products/features/mount-backup-image-file.htm

If you were able to successfully mount the image you should be able to browse to the image on your external drive when doing a restore. 

Easeus does have a forum for users of their free products

http://forum.easeus.com/viewforum.php?f=27

Ok,

I didn't check my computer. I understand what you are saying, I was just hoping to find a way to get EaseUS to recognize the full backup that I already have.

I think I am probably going to go with a different paid backup software. I am surprised that the EaseUS software is not easier to use than it is. But the version I am using is free, so maybe that's why it has issues.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,437 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:01 PM

I would have to install Easeus and see how the restore function works. I have experience with Macrium Free and Aomei Backupper Free. Both are easy to use with Aomei being a little easier to understand. Once you create an image is shows up on the main backup management page of Aomei. But, the file backup of Aomei is not the best as you have to individually select your files/folders. There is no tree selection similar to Easeus.

http://www.backup-utility.com/features/disk-restore.html

Edited by JohnC_21, 08 March 2017 - 09:02 PM.

#7 huntsin2

huntsin2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 253 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:43 PM

I was really just trying to do a differential backup. But you need to have the full backup selected otherwise it does a complete backup of the system which happened to me the first time I tried it. So I went in and tried to select the full backup that I already have, but it is unable to detect the full backup.

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,437 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:48 PM

There are a couple of guides I can link to. There may be something in them that will help.

http://www.todo-backup.com/download/docs/User_Guide.pdf

This one is for v9.2 but should be similar to 10

http://www.easeus.com/support/download/docs/pdf/Todo-Backup_V9.2_Home_online_help_For-Home-and-Free.pdf

#9 huntsin2

huntsin2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 253 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:10 PM

I had a link in here to a photobucket screen shot. However, photobucket is really slow. so I deleted the account.

Edited by huntsin2, 09 March 2017 - 09:21 PM.

#10 huntsin2

huntsin2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 253 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:12 PM

Here is a screen shot

EaseUS%20backup%20screen%20shot_zpsdesa7

Edited by huntsin2, 09 March 2017 - 09:22 PM.

#11 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,437 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:16 PM

When you attach the external hard drive does it have a drive letter of F: and is your location for the image file the same as what is shown in your image?

Edited by JohnC_21, 08 March 2017 - 10:16 PM.

#12 huntsin2

huntsin2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 253 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:23 PM

When you attach the external hard drive does it have a drive letter of F: and is your location for the image file the same as what is shown in your image.

Yes. And when I click on the location I get the below.

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg551/huntsin2/EaseUS%20capture%202_zpslit78bdf.jpg

#13 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,437 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:27 PM

What happens when you click the Browse to Recover link in your image.

#14 huntsin2

huntsin2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 253 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:28 PM

What happens when you click the Browse to Recover link in your image.

It takes me to a window that allows me to browse and find the file. When I go to the folder it is in there, and I can select it.

I think I am just going to leave EaseUS alone and go with another backup software. Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

#15 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,437 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:13 PM

No problem, sorry I could not help further. Take a look at Macrium Free or Aomei Backupper. If looking for software that does file/folder backups you would need to purchase Macrium.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users