Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Services on Windows 7?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 casperfox

casperfox

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 07 March 2017 - 04:51 PM

So i have a lot of services on my computer and i don't know which ones to stop to make my computer run a little bit more smoother. Can someone give me a list of services on windows 7 or a list of services i should stop on my windows 7 computer? Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:16 PM

See Black Viper's site. Only use the "Safe" settings. It would also be best if you did only a few at a time to see how the computer acts. Also create a restore point before your changes.

http://www.blackviper.com/service-configurations/black-vipers-windows-7-service-pack-1-service-configurations/

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,614 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:41 PM

I suggest you leave the services alone. If you have a Win 7 system, disabling some services will not make a noticeable difference. Why don't you describe the problem(s) you're having and let's see if we can assist.

#4 Illustrious

Illustrious

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:43 PM

I wouldn't recommend disabling services.. services generally do not slow performance in many cases unless they have an underlying problem with them, which would be very noticeable.
What's your CPU usage and physical memory usually at? A lot of the time slow PC performance is the cause of high CPU usage, programs running in the background or constantly writing information, and a few other factors, including a dusty computer!
NOTE: Disabling certain services you are not aware the origin or purpose of could make your PC have some serious issues or become unbootable, I do not recommend!!! :(

𝑅𝑒𝑔𝒶𝓇𝒹𝓈, 𝐼𝓁𝓁𝓊𝓈𝓉𝓇𝒾𝑜𝓊𝓈

#5 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:38 AM

I ran Black Vipers settings in earlier days on XP Machines , which really only assisted in better boot times and slightly better memory usage.

With Windows 7 and later i have not tried disabling or reverting them to manual settings as i think it is not required with most people having faster Cpus , and Memory above 4 Gigs.

If you still are not sure have a good readup on Black Vipers site , also if you run into any trouble he does have Default Service Settings within a Bat file you can run in case you mess them up.

Better to Write down any changes you do make so you can revert back if needed.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:30 AM

Info Re Restoring Services

Louis

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,689 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:58 AM

I suggest you leave the services alone. If you have a Win 7 system, disabling some services will not make a noticeable difference. Why don't you describe the problem(s) you're having and let's see if we can assist.

+1  I agree with Allan, you should leave the services alone.  These do not us enough system resources to become problematic.  

If you are experiencing problems please provide us with a full description of these.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users