Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gaming laptop HQ processors

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jakeau

Jakeau

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:29 PM

So I have a few questions
I can get a laptop with a 6820hq and one with a 7700k why do most computers only use 6820hqs rather then desktop level CPUs?
So I have come across these 2 laptops for $3200 AUD

http://www.metabox.com.au/store/b190/Metabox-Prime-X-P775DM2-G-Laptop

With gpu upgraded to 1070, cpu to 7700k, ram to 16 gb

And this msi computer

https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Notebooks/Gaming-Notebooks/64780-GT73VR-6RE-Titan-023AU?gclid=CjwKEAiArvTFBRCLq5-7-MSJ0jMSJABHBvp0o8VPU2DKbd1Fj7spe6sKIbN7T9P3YMX9nj2-R6QoKBoCRo_w_wcB

So what would you guys recomend to me! Thanks guys, I would love to know what you think!
(It won't really leave my desk).
If anyone has any other recomendations I'm open to suggestions

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MDD1963

MDD1963

• Members
  • 688 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 AM

Posted 07 March 2017 - 06:29 PM

I don't understand 'gaming' laptops; expensive, underpowered (normally, although of course, exceptions exist), and a display 1/3rd the size, and all for or 3 times the price of a desktop...

I just do't get it,.... really....

Asus Z270A Prime/7700K/32 GB DDR4-3200/GTX1060

#3 Jakeau

Jakeau
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2017 - 08:29 PM

Simple answer, I am in the military and move around very often. Can't take desktop with me.

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:59 PM

Desktop CPUs require more cooling than you can fit into a laptop.

You would also need to add Windows to the first machine as it is not covered in the price.

I don't know anything about Metabox as a brand, so I would probably go with the MSI.

As far as builds go I'd rather have the Metabox with the 512GB SSD over the 256GB with 1TB mechanical drive in the MSI.

#5 Jakeau

Jakeau
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:00 PM

Thanks mate, that was my concern about the metabox having a desktop cpu and it actually being able to run it at a safe temperature. I think I will go the msi! Thanks

#6 alexoler

alexoler

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 AM

Posted 03 April 2017 - 07:04 AM

I would recommend the msi as well the metabox has a desktop cpu and i dont know how well it would cool,So that could cause overheating problems,and trust me you dont want to have them on a laptop it could throttle you so much

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users