Hi, I'm kind of at the end of my tether having tried various solutions over the web to try and fix this problem. I have 2 x Windows 10 on my PC, 1 OS works and one doesn't.
The failing one will not repair, no restore points, Have tried SFC scannow, CHkdsk, DISM commands and fixmbr, fix boot commands etc.
Nothing seems to work but from my other OS i can still access my files perfectly fine - Answers to the quesitons:
· OS - Windoiws 10 64 bit
· What was original installed OS on system - Windows 7
· Full retail version - Received from University on Microsoft Program (Cannot remember exact name of it now)
· Age of system Approx 5 years
· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS - Yes, about 1 year ago ish?
· CPU - i7 980x
· Video Card - 2 x Radeon R290
· MotherBoard - Asus Rampage 3 Extreme
· Power Supply - XFX 1200W
· System Manufacturer - Custom Built Machine
· Laptop or Desktop? - Desktop#
Thank you in advance for any help I receive
Edit - Just to add when the problem first came up, it just came up with a Windows 10 Blue screen saying File missing windows\sdystem32\drivers\EHStoRtCGdRV with an error code of 0xc0000102 but since trying all said methoids above this screen does not come up anymore. When booting, it just goes into automatic startup repair mode and will always follow with a "Your system cannot be repaired" type box asking me to "Restart" or "Advanced options" - where you get restore, cmd prompt etc - Hope this helps
Edited by gtiracer, 07 March 2017 - 04:30 AM.