Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Program will not open after closing.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JamesNavy

JamesNavy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2017 - 07:13 PM

I have a program that will not reopen after I have closed it.  I attempt to open and it appears that nothing happens at all.

I have checked task manager and the application is not hanging in there.  The running processes and services seem to be identical prior to and after opening and closing.  It just will not reopen.

Pulling my hair out a bit over here.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 opera

opera

• Members
  • 1,008 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 AM

Posted 07 March 2017 - 01:24 AM

What is the program?

If you go into C\Program files and open the problem software folder and double click on the programs exe in there, does it work then?

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 AM

Posted 07 March 2017 - 08:14 AM

Check hidden icons in the taskbar to make sure the app isn't being minimized to there. If it is, open it from there and change the settings if you like (so when you click on the "close button" it closes rather than minimizes).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users