Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win10 Plantronics BT Headset and Dragon Naturally Spkng

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 apensity

apensity

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 06 March 2017 - 06:33 PM

I have been having issues with Dragon and Windows 10 and we have gone through multiple support calls. However, one thing I am finding is that I can hear the headset/sound switching back and forth between a silent hiss and a louder hiss, like it is changing quality. It will switch for like 10 seconds, then switch back for a couple of minutes, or go back and forth a few times then settle for a few minutes. I tried to look at the logs/event viewer and I saw it was bouncing between audio quality bit rates. So I disabled the unused sound devices under "Sound" in the control panel. That helped a little, to at least settle the switching back and forth so often. But now I still get it a little but and Dragon still isn't working correctly. I am using the Plantronics Voyager Focus UC Pro headset and Dragon 13 Home. Any ideas on where I can look to see logs relating to what I am hearing so I can track that down? Anyone else have issues with Won 10/Dragon/Plantronics and have a fix? Thanks for any help!

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 10 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,495 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:13 AM

Have you installed the latest version of the Plantronics Hub software on your machine and/or updated the firmware in your headset?

Windows 10 is, at times, exquisitely picky about device drivers and/or firmware and that's the first thing I'd look at.  It never hurts to uninstall and reinstall just to see if that makes any difference at all in the issue you're having.  I've seen just doing that resolve seemingly unresolvable issues for reasons no one understands (or will take the time and effort necessary to ferret out).

Brian AKA Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

In a modern society where everyone thinks their opinion deserves to be heard nothing annoys me more than individuals who mistake their personal preferences for fact.

~ Commenter TheCruyffGurn on the The Guardian website, 8/13/2014

#3 apensity

apensity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:29 AM

Have you installed the latest version of the Plantronics Hub software on your machine and/or updated the firmware in your headset?

Windows 10 is, at times, exquisitely picky about device drivers and/or firmware and that's the first thing I'd look at.  It never hurts to uninstall and reinstall just to see if that makes any difference at all in the issue you're having.  I've seen just doing that resolve seemingly unresolvable issues for reasons no one understands (or will take the time and effort necessary to ferret out).

I do have the latest hub and drivers, sound drivers, video drivers (which include HD sound, but sound is disabled) and Win10 updates. BUt yes, I think maybe uninstalling and reinstalling is always a best bet instead of "updating". I'll try it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Dragon 5x so far with different configurations each time to no avail. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users