Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nothing Past Bios Screen

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 spruce_capital

spruce_capital

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 06 March 2017 - 02:09 PM

I hope I have this posting in the right area?

Asus Desktop PC K30AM-J

Computer boots to where it shows ASUS Inspiring Innovation,Persistent Perfection and says Please press Del or F2 to enter UEFI Bios setting and stops. I can't seem to get it to where I can select USB or CDROM for boot purposes? Pressing F2 or Delete on bootup, does nothing.

Is it safe to assume that I have somehow been infected or do I have a hardware/software problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RenoGeek

RenoGeek

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:20 PM

Might want to check the Asus Website...

https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1008277

I am not anti-social, I'm just not user friendly. 

Have you backed up today? Did you backup your backup?

Virus Removal Guides

Computer Technician Checklist

Microsoft Safety & Security Center

#3 spruce_capital

spruce_capital
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:47 AM

Thanks for the info, RenoGeek.

I did go to Asus tech support, they thought it was a hardware problem. So, with quite a bit of reading and some thought on my part, I realized that I had a 64Gb Sdcard plugged into the front card reader, and removing that solved the boot problem.

My tale of woe started with a full screen display of Ransomeware with audio saying that my credit card info was being transferred etc, etc, and where I should go to pay to prevent same from happening. At that time I pulled the network cable. On reboot I discovered my booting problem, and fearing the worst posted my question on this forum. Luckily, it was not one of the Ransomeware that encrypts your hard drive, I ran Malwarebytes on it and had 195 files to quarantine, then reconnected to network and all was fine.

Thanks again for your reply.

Might want to check the Asus Website...

https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1008277

#4 RenoGeek

RenoGeek

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2017 - 02:03 PM

Glad you got it worked out.

I am not anti-social, I'm just not user friendly. 

Have you backed up today? Did you backup your backup?

Virus Removal Guides

Computer Technician Checklist

Microsoft Safety & Security Center

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users