Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

APPLE - I-TUNES, I-CLOUD, passwords are impossible

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 JayJax

JayJax

• Members
  • 710 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 06 March 2017 - 11:48 AM

Most of the time all I ever have done with my I-Tunes is try to figure out the password.   And it keeps asking me to AUTHORIZE this computer even though I have played I-tunes on it before its been awhile.   The last time I had to set up an APPLE ID - mindful of all the previous difficulties - I studiously and carefully documented everything - wrote it all down - I just tried to play I-tunes and it said I needed to authorize the computer so I entered the info I had written down and it said "this has not been used for I-tunes before" and that's all - no CLUE what to do I AM SO FED UP WITH APPLE I am sorry I invested what for me was a huge sum of money in music selections I've only played a few times - you can't record them because of their ownership.   I am this close to deleting the whole thing and writing it off to a bad decision because is it really worth the frustration to go through this  - its one reason I haven't played I-tunes much because of the inevitable frustration of authorizing computers etc.

I would never recommend I-tunes or anything to do with apple ever.   I also have an I-Cloud account on my computer but I can never use it because of the same problem.   I don't need this kind of frustration I HAVE NEVER HAD WITH ANY OTHER ACCOUNT FOR ANYTHING.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:53 PM

I am sorry you continue to have problems with AppleIDs. I remember past posts. Not that this helps you, but I have never had any issues with any of my (multiple) AppleIDs. I do agree that iTunes can be annoying these days in the number of times is asks you to enter passwords. While I have never had any problems when I enter the passwords, I think that Apple has gotten a bit excessive in the amounts of times it asks for them to "authorize" a computer (or iOS device).

Music purchased through iTunes is NOT copy protected (anymore...they dumped the copy protection quite a while ago). Thus, if you decide to give up on using iTunes (totally understandable...it has become a mess even beyond your issues with AppleIDs and password), you can still play that music in other music playback apps. The key is that music bought through the iTunes Store is in AAC format and not all music player apps (or so-called non-Apple "MP3 player" devices) will play the AAC format. But, then can legally be converted (just keep a copy of the original files and/or your iTunes receipts for purchased music in case you ever have some issue, which is unlikely) to a more common format such as MP3. iTunes can do the conversion, but if you are have enough problems with iTunes that you cannot get it to do it or don't want to bother with iTunes, then you should be able to find other programs that can convert them.

I had a non-Apple MP3 player that I could use when swimming and it could not play AACs. So, I would covert iTunes bought AAC files to MP3 format so that I could listen to songs on that MP3 player. It is long dead, so I don't have a need to do it anymore since all my current devices will play AAC files.

#3 JayJax

JayJax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 710 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:54 PM

I am sorry you continue to have problems with AppleIDs. I remember past posts. Not that this helps you, but I have never had any issues with any of my (multiple) AppleIDs. I do agree that iTunes can be annoying these days in the number of times is asks you to enter passwords. While I have never had any problems when I enter the passwords, I think that Apple has gotten a bit excessive in the amounts of times it asks for them to "authorize" a computer (or iOS device).

Music purchased through iTunes is NOT copy protected (anymore...they dumped the copy protection quite a while ago). Thus, if you decide to give up on using iTunes (totally understandable...it has become a mess even beyond your issues with AppleIDs and password), you can still play that music in other music playback apps. The key is that music bought through the iTunes Store is in AAC format and not all music player apps (or so-called non-Apple "MP3 player" devices) will play the AAC format. But, then can legally be converted (just keep a copy of the original files and/or your iTunes receipts for purchased music in case you ever have some issue, which is unlikely) to a more common format such as MP3. iTunes can do the conversion, but if you are have enough problems with iTunes that you cannot get it to do it or don't want to bother with iTunes, then you should be able to find other programs that can convert them.

I had a non-Apple MP3 player that I could use when swimming and it could not play AACs. So, I would covert iTunes bought AAC files to MP3 format so that I could listen to songs on that MP3 player. It is long dead, so I don't have a need to do it anymore since all my current devices will play AAC files.

Thanks for your reply - I didn't realize that I-tunes could be legally converted to other formats.    I think that I will put that on my "to-do" list ASAP - I'm really tired of mucking around with Apple.   I would be glad to not have to bother with the "authorizing this computer" again.   I don't understand why that happens so often because I know it has happened more times than I have had different computers - so the number should not exceed how many computers I've had but it keeps happening.  I know I have authorized this computer before, I have I-tunes installed on it and I have updated it several times.   Anyway thank you for the good news - I consider it good to leave Apple in the rear view mirror.   I still have my Apple Desktop but I can deal with that hopefully w/o too many problems.    I don't know how I missed this news myself but it is good news for a change.    Since I have I-tunes installed on both computers then I can leave the ones on my desktop as a backup and I think I also have them on a Flash Drive.

Is there anything I need to keep in mind or is there a software anyone recommends to convert my library?  Is it a lengthy procedure?   I think I have about 150 or so in my library, maybe 20 or so that I purchased from Amazon.com.

#4 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:16 PM

I should have been a little more precise when talking about "authorization" as what I was talking about and likely the many password requests you get is not "authorization" that takes the form of the number of computers that are authorized to play copy protected iTunes purchased content (which does not apply to any music you buy from iTunes anyway). This was at least partly because I could not recall the phrasing that Apple using when those annoying requests for the password pops up. Amazingly enough, I have not gotten one of those password requests in an usually long time. If memory does serve me (my memory is working better today), Apple terms those requests as "verification" rather than "authorization"...at least in the situations that effected me that I mentioned. Technically, you should only have to authorize a computer once (unless you revoke the authorization), but could have many requests for verification. And of course, if you some how log out of your iTunes account, then you will have to log in.

Now, with music, you should be able to play any iTunes purchased music (as long as it was purchased after about 2009 if memory serves...that is when Apple got rid of copy protection for all music...but even then, you should be able to redownload any purchased music in non-copy protected form unless the music label did not allow Apple that option) in iTunes even if your computer is not authorized and not logged into an iTunes account...I believe. So, I believe you should be able to log out of the iTunes account and then still be able to use iTunes and potentially not get nagged about passwords, etc.

As to converting the AAC files to MP3, since I don't have the types of issues with iTunes that you have had, I have just always used iTunes. It is not hard to convert in iTunes, but it is not exactly perfectly straight forward and obvious either. If you think you want to try doing it in iTunes (either after testing logging out of the iTunes account and finding that it will still play the songs or still logged in), then I can give you the steps in the process. Since I am assuming you don't want to do that, I won't bother unless you tell me you want to try. If you do it in iTunes, you can likely do your entire batch of about 150 songs in likely less than 5 minutes. I did the test song just to see how long it took and it was pretty instantaneous (i.e. 1 second or less for one song).

As for other options, I am not aware of any good quick, easy converter. And a quick search did not turn up anything quick. You can using a more general audio editing program, but that will take longer as you will have to open each file in the audio editing program, then "save as" or export that file to a MP3. On a Mac, you could use Audacity, which is a general sound/audio editing program.

I will spend some more time looking to see if I can find something that I am willing to suggest (I don't tend to suggest something unless I have tried it myself and some of the ones that popped up are suspicious looking, so I am not sure I would even want to test them). Do you have a Windows computer as well? I want to say you do, but my memory is not as good as it used to be. And you could also try posting a request for AAC to MP3 converter suggestions in the Audio and Video forum on this site or look through past posts to see if someone has asked before. Just be aware that you MIGHT get some what I consider to be potentially questionable suggestions.

As I noted, you can also just use a different player. An excellent free player (for both Windows and Mac) that should be able to play unprotected AAC files is VLC media player: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/. And if you have an Android smartphone, there is a VLC media player for it as well that should allow you to play AAC files on your Android phone (there is one for iOS/iPhone as well, but an iPhone can natively play AAC files).

As for Amazon.com purchased digital music, it should already be in MP3 format that can then be played in any player or device that can play MP3 files. And FWIW, in case you did not know, if you have bought audio CDs from Amazon, then you likely also have the ability to download MP3 versions of those songs. Amazon offered that feature a while ago and I assume they still do (it has been a while since I bought an audio disc from them).

#5 JayJax

JayJax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 710 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:52 PM

I should have been a little more precise when talking about "authorization" as what I was talking about and likely the many password requests you get is not "authorization" that takes the form of the number of computers that are authorized to play copy protected iTunes purchased content (which does not apply to any music you buy from iTunes anyway). This was at least partly because I could not recall the phrasing that Apple using when those annoying requests for the password pops up. Amazingly enough, I have not gotten one of those password requests in an usually long time. If memory does serve me (my memory is working better today), Apple terms those requests as "verification" rather than "authorization"...at least in the situations that effected me that I mentioned. Technically, you should only have to authorize a computer once (unless you revoke the authorization), but could have many requests for verification. And of course, if you some how log out of your iTunes account, then you will have to log in.

As I noted, you can also just use a different player. An excellent free player (for both Windows and Mac) that should be able to play unprotected AAC files is VLC media player: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/. And if you have an Android smartphone, there is a VLC media player for it as well that should allow you to play AAC files on your Android phone (there is one for iOS/iPhone as well, but an iPhone can natively play AAC files).

As for Amazon.com purchased digital music, it should already be in MP3 format that can then be played in any player or device that can play MP3 files. And FWIW, in case you did not know, if you have bought audio CDs from Amazon, then you likely also have the ability to download MP3 versions of those songs. Amazon offered that feature a while ago and I assume they still do (it has been a while since I bought an audio disc from them).

Thanks for the updated information.    I don't remember when I purchased my I-Tunes but at the time of purchase they were still control-freaks imo.   I do get a message saying that this computer has not been authorized in addition to being hassled for password etc.   This last password go-around was particularly vexing because like I said knowing all the trouble I've had I was very careful to make note of the account info (password and email etc - as well as the "RESCUE" password in case I need to change it) and so I used what I wrote down and (I forget the exact wording) I was told there was no such information ever registered.

NOWHERE ELSE BUT APPLE have I had SO MUCH HASSLE with - previously I have also recorded the passwords etc and when it comes time to use them I'm told it is in error and I need to reset it which for most sites is no big deal but it did create a huge hassle.

The only other site I've had problems with (they say I have the wrong password when I know I don't) (but not the degree of hassle with Apple) is T-MOBILE.

To answer your question about Windows, yes I do have my Laptop which is Windows 8.1.   I don't have a smart-phone or Android I'm old-fashioned and just have a regular old flip-phone but based on the latest stir about their security issues I'm glad I can cross this one "bother" off my list.  I think you're right about the Amazon files.   My current employment causes a significant amount of vexation and so I try to limit other ventures (of which I-tunes which is supposed to be for "entertainment" - is one) which are stress-inducing since my employment for the time being is what it is. 

Anyway I'll play around with this - I do have several other players on my computer and I'll see what works or doesn't.   If I can't play them I'll try to convert but if its too difficult to do I'm inclined to just write off my music library as a bad investment but I'M THRU WITH APPLE - I would not buy their equipment again because its seriously overpriced - and my desktop had just gone out of a year's warranty and the hard-drive failed and had to be replaced and I really hadn't used it that much.   They had at the time recalled some of their hard drives but mine wasn't one of them but I think it should have been because its too "coincidental" that a bunch of their hard-drives failed and so did mine at the same time.

APPLE will never get another cent from me.

Anyway you've been most helpful and gone to considerable effort to give as much information as you have and I do appreciate it.   I will try implementing what you've outlined but if its too much hassle - I'm inclined to write it off otherwise my status will be voluntary slave to jumping thru Apple's hoops and this slave is ready to break the chains.

Thanks again for all your effort and time on my behalf.   Please don't take my irritation as a lack of appreciation for your efforts, it is entirely with Apple.   There are other run-ins with Apple that were equally as vexing and stupid but I won't outline them but suffice it to say they did not try to be helpful at all with a problem and all they did was try to make more money off an already bad deal for me.

I'll update for the record here with the outcome with I-TUNES conundrum as soon as I have something intelligent to add, i.e. something other than more/further perjoratives about APPLE.

Edited by JayJax, 10 March 2017 - 07:18 PM.

#6 JayJax

JayJax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 710 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2017 - 11:29 AM

THIS IS WHY I have hesitated to work with this.   I tried to sign into I-tunes and my password doesn't work and the email address it says is my sign in is an email I haven't been using.   So I asked for Itunes to send a reset link and then when I tried to sign in to the email I no longer use it won't let me sign in without doing a CAPTCHA dumb thing which I cannot see so I now I have two password problems instead of one.   No password for I-tunes and no password for the email.

The username that I had set up for I-tunes and the password were for a different email.   Why is it only accepting the one for the email I no longer use?   It was on my laptop that I set up I-tunes for my current email and I have been downloading I-tunes updates so why is it going to the no-longer used mail and that's the only one it will recognize.   I am already frustrated and this is why I'm thinking to just write it all off.  

Edited by JayJax, 13 March 2017 - 12:42 PM.

#7 JayJax

JayJax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 710 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:24 PM

I was able to play one selection out of 352 which I clicked on it - it opened in Windows Media Player however the next selection I tried to open started up with the above ITUNES very vexing situation NOT AUTHORIZED, enter password, wrong password.

I again tried to use the ID and password I successfully set up with Itunes.   After entering the name and password I got a message that this ID and this password had not been used with I-TUNES yet.   So it said TO GET STARTED I SHOULD set up a name and a password.   do you see the insanity? I ALREADY HAVE AN ID AND PASSWORD.   This is an endless RABBIT HOLE - it demands that I set up YET ANOTHER ID NAME AND PASSWORD because the other ones hasn't been used with I-tunes yet AND THE REASON IT HASN'T BEEN USED WITH I-TUNES IS BECAUSE I-TUNES WON'T LET ME USE IT.   The sheer stupidity of i-tunes is beyond words it is an endless loop of frustration.

I have 352 music selections in I-tunes to THROW AWAY because of I-tunes sucky IMPOSSIBLE POLICIES.

I FINALLY MANAGED TO GET INTO THE EMAIL ADDRESS THAT I-TUNES insists on using and 3 times requested a password reset from I-Tunes and IT NEVER CAME - not in regular mail or spam folder.   THANK YOU I-TUNES

I HATE THIS TO HECK WITH IT.   I'm thru being a slave to APPLE stupidity, to subjecting myself to the frustration I feel trying to use your worthless products.  APPLE YOU RIPPED ME OFF FOR THE LAST TIME - I wouldn't recommend you to my worst enemy.  NOTHING I-TUNES has to offer is worth this degree of frustration.   Keep the $352 you got from me CROOKS

Edited by JayJax, 13 March 2017 - 02:01 PM.

#8 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:18 PM

The username that I had set up for I-tunes and the password were for a different email.   Why is it only accepting the one for the email I no longer use?   It was on my laptop that I set up I-tunes for my current email and I have been downloading I-tunes updates so why is it going to the no-longer used mail and that's the only one it will recognize.   I am already frustrated and this is why I'm thinking to just write it all off.  

It kind of sounds like maybe some of those songs are copy protected. If so, when you go to try and play them, then it will require you to authorize the computer to the AppleID/iTunes account that was used to buy the songs (or movies or TV shows...both of which are still copy protected) originally.

You can see if a song if copy protected either in the iTunes app or in the Windows file system. If you find the files in Windows Explorer, then unprotected songs should have the extension of .m4a while copy protected songs should have an extension of .m4p...if memory serves. If you want to look them up in iTunes, then the easiest way is to select a song and use the Get Info command within iTunes for that song. Another was is to show the column that shows file type...see this page: https://www.technipages.com/itunes-how-to-tell-which-songs-are-drm-protected

And if some of you songs are copy protected, you might be able to download uncopy protected versions from the iTunes Store, but that means messing with iTunes some more. If you are inclined, then I can provide some directions. If you are not (and you seem not), then I won't bother.

#9 JayJax

JayJax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 710 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:58 AM

It kind of sounds like maybe some of those songs are copy protected. If so, when you go to try and play them, then it will require you to authorize the computer to the AppleID/iTunes account that was used to buy the songs (or movies or TV shows...both of which are still copy protected) originally.

You can see if a song if copy protected either in the iTunes app or in the Windows file system. If you find the files in Windows Explorer, then unprotected songs should have the extension of .m4a while copy protected songs should have an extension of .m4p...if memory serves. If you want to look them up in iTunes, then the easiest way is to select a song and use the Get Info command within iTunes for that song. Another was is to show the column that shows file type...see this page: https://www.technipages.com/itunes-how-to-tell-which-songs-are-drm-protected

And if some of you songs are copy protected, you might be able to download uncopy protected versions from the iTunes Store, but that means messing with iTunes some more. If you are inclined, then I can provide some directions. If you are not (and you seem not), then I won't bother.

Thanks for your interest in helping me find a solution.   Since my last entry I've encountered some difficulty with my computer that seems to have something to do with Bonjour  (part of the I-tunes program) and so I'm trying to fix that before doing anything further with I-tunes.   I removed Bonjour to try to solve the problem but it didn't it only made the I-tunes unusable.  Of course I could reinstall it but now I'm side-tracked trying to resolve my computer problems and it appears I will have to remove I-tunes totally because just removing Bonjour (which I've never fully understood) doesn't work.

Ran by Administrator on 15-03-2017 at 21:09:50

Microsoft Windows 8.1  (X64)
Model: Inspiron 3541 Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
Boot Mode: Normal

========================= Flush DNS: ===================================

Windows IP Configuration

Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.

========================= IE Proxy Settings: ==============================

Proxy is not enabled.
No Proxy Server is set.

"Reset IE Proxy Settings": IE Proxy Settings were reset.

========================= FF Proxy Settings: ==============================

"Reset FF Proxy Settings": Firefox Proxy settings were reset.

========================= Hosts content: =================================
========================= IP Configuration: ================================

Dell Wireless 1704 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz) = Wi-Fi (Connected)
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller = Ethernet (Media disconnected)
Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) = Bluetooth Network Connection (Media disconnected)

# ----------------------------------
# IPv4 Configuration
# ----------------------------------
pushd interface ipv4

reset
set global icmpredirects=enabled
set interface interface="Local Area Connection* 1" forwarding=enabled advertise=enabled nud=enabled ignoredefaultroutes=disabled
set interface interface="Wi-Fi" forwarding=enabled advertise=enabled nud=enabled ignoredefaultroutes=disabled
set interface interface="Ethernet" forwarding=enabled advertise=enabled nud=enabled ignoredefaultroutes=disabled
set interface interface="Local Area Connection* 2" forwarding=enabled advertise=enabled nud=enabled ignoredefaultroutes=disabled
set interface interface="Bluetooth Network Connection" forwarding=enabled advertise=enabled nud=enabled ignoredefaultroutes=disabled
set subinterface interface= subinterface=ethernet_5 mtu=1477

popd
# End of IPv4 configuration

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : DELL-LAPTOP
   Primary Dns Suffix  . . . . . . . :
   Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
   IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
   WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 9C-AD-97-D7-A4-98
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
   Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 2:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 9E-AD-97-D7-A4-97

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : B8-2A-72-CC-D8-08

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Dell Wireless 1704 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz)
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 9C-AD-97-D7-A4-97
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::d029:3b72:5c39:13ee%3(Preferred)
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.3(Preferred)
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, March 15, 2017 8:57:51 PM
   Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Thursday, March 16, 2017 8:57:56 PM
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
   DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
   DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 60599703
   DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1B-B0-F9-46-B8-2A-72-CC-D8-08
   DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
   NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.{CEF2297A-D7F0-4D22-AEE5-F720824EC65F}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 4:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
   IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:90d7:3c6f:668:3f57:fefc(Preferred)
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::3c6f:668:3f57:fefc%8(Preferred)
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
   DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 369098752
   DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1B-B0-F9-46-B8-2A-72-CC-D8-08
   NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled
Server:  UnKnown
Address:  192.168.1.1

Name:    google.com
Addresses:  2607:f8b0:4000:803::200e

Pinging google.com [216.58.194.78] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 216.58.194.78: bytes=32 time=28ms TTL=53
Reply from 216.58.194.78: bytes=32 time=30ms TTL=53

Ping statistics for 216.58.194.78:
    Packets: Sent = 2, Received = 2, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 28ms, Maximum = 30ms, Average = 29ms
Server:  UnKnown
Address:  192.168.1.1

Name:    yahoo.com
Addresses:  2001:4998:44:204::a7
      2001:4998:58:c02::a9
      2001:4998:c:a06::2:4008

Pinging yahoo.com [98.138.253.109] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 98.138.253.109: bytes=32 time=50ms TTL=49
Reply from 98.138.253.109: bytes=32 time=47ms TTL=49

Ping statistics for 98.138.253.109:
    Minimum = 47ms, Maximum = 50ms, Average = 48ms

Pinging 127.0.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128
Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128

Ping statistics for 127.0.0.1:
    Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms
===========================================================================
Interface List
  9...9c ad 97 d7 a4 98 ......Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
  5...9e ad 97 d7 a4 97 ......Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter
  4...b8 2a 72 cc d8 08 ......Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
  3...9c ad 97 d7 a4 97 ......Dell Wireless 1704 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz)
  1...........................Software Loopback Interface 1
  6...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0 Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
  8...00 00 00 00 00 00 00 e0 Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

IPv4 Route Table
Active Routes:
Network Destination        Netmask          Gateway       Interface  Metric
          0.0.0.0          0.0.0.0      192.168.1.1      192.168.1.3     25
        127.0.0.0        255.0.0.0         On-link         127.0.0.1    306
        127.0.0.1  255.255.255.255         On-link         127.0.0.1    306
  127.255.255.255  255.255.255.255         On-link         127.0.0.1    306
      192.168.1.0    255.255.255.0         On-link       192.168.1.3    281
      192.168.1.3  255.255.255.255         On-link       192.168.1.3    281
    192.168.1.255  255.255.255.255         On-link       192.168.1.3    281
        224.0.0.0        240.0.0.0         On-link         127.0.0.1    306
        224.0.0.0        240.0.0.0         On-link       192.168.1.3    281
  255.255.255.255  255.255.255.255         On-link         127.0.0.1    306
  255.255.255.255  255.255.255.255         On-link       192.168.1.3    281
Persistent Routes:
  None

IPv6 Route Table
Active Routes:
 If Metric Network Destination      Gateway
  8    306 ::/0                     On-link
  1    306 ::1/128                  On-link
  8    306 2001::/32                On-link
  8    306 2001:0:9d38:90d7:3c6f:668:3f57:fefc/128
                                    On-link
  3    281 fe80::/64                On-link
  8    306 fe80::/64                On-link
  8    306 fe80::3c6f:668:3f57:fefc/128
                                    On-link
  3    281 fe80::d029:3b72:5c39:13ee/128
                                    On-link
  1    306 ff00::/8                 On-link
  3    281 ff00::/8                 On-link
  8    306 ff00::/8                 On-link
Persistent Routes:
  None
========================= Winsock entries =====================================

Catalog5 01 C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\napinsp.dll [55296] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog5 02 C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\pnrpnsp.dll [70144] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog5 03 C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\pnrpnsp.dll [70144] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog5 04 C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\NLAapi.dll [65536] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog5 05 C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [286208] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog5 06 C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\winrnr.dll [23040] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog5 07 C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\wshbth.dll [50688] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 01 C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [286208] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 02 C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [286208] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 03 C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [286208] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 04 C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [286208] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 05 C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [286208] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 06 C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [286208] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 07 C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [286208] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 08 C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [286208] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 09 C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [286208] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 10 C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [286208] (Microsoft Corporation)
Catalog9 11 C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\mswsock.dll [286208] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog5 01 C:\Windows\System32\napinsp.dll [69120] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog5 02 C:\Windows\System32\pnrpnsp.dll [88576] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog5 03 C:\Windows\System32\pnrpnsp.dll [88576] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog5 04 C:\Windows\System32\NLAapi.dll [86016] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog5 05 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [339456] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog5 06 C:\Windows\System32\winrnr.dll [30720] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog5 07 C:\Windows\System32\wshbth.dll [63488] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog9 01 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [339456] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog9 02 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [339456] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog9 03 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [339456] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog9 04 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [339456] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog9 05 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [339456] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog9 06 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [339456] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog9 07 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [339456] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog9 08 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [339456] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog9 09 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [339456] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog9 10 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [339456] (Microsoft Corporation)
x64-Catalog9 11 C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll [339456] (Microsoft Corporation)

========================= Event log errors: ===============================

Application errors:
==================
Error: (03/15/2017 04:43:48 AM) (Source: Bonjour Service) (User: )
Description: Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledSPRetry 394188

Description: Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledEvent 394188

Description: Task Scheduling Error: Continuously busy for more than a second

Error: (03/15/2017 04:43:46 AM) (Source: Bonjour Service) (User: )
Description: Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledSPRetry 392641

Description: Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledEvent 392641

Error: (03/15/2017 04:37:18 AM) (Source: Bonjour Service) (User: )
Description: Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledSPRetry 4266

Description: Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledEvent 4266

Error: (03/15/2017 04:37:16 AM) (Source: Bonjour Service) (User: )
Description: Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledSPRetry 2657

System errors:
=============
Error: (03/15/2017 08:57:31 PM) (Source: EventLog) (User: )
Description: The previous system shutdown at 8:53:14 PM on ‎3/‎15/‎2017 was unexpected.

Error: (03/15/2017 11:32:03 AM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-Eventlog) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: The event logging service encountered an error (5) while enabling publisher {0BF2FB94-7B60-4B4D-9766-E82F658DF540} to channel Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-ShimEngine/Operational. This does not affect channel operation, but does affect the ability of the publisher to raise events to the channel. One common reason for this error is that the Provider is using ETW Provider Security and has not granted enable permissions to the Event Log service identity.

Error: (03/15/2017 11:31:52 AM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-Eventlog) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: The event logging service encountered an error (5) while enabling publisher {0BF2FB94-7B60-4B4D-9766-E82F658DF540} to channel Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-ShimEngine/Operational. This does not affect channel operation, but does affect the ability of the publisher to raise events to the channel. One common reason for this error is that the Provider is using ETW Provider Security and has not granted enable permissions to the Event Log service identity.

Error: (03/15/2017 11:27:49 AM) (Source: DCOM) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: {DDCFD26B-FEED-44CD-B71D-79487D2E5E5A}

Error: (03/15/2017 11:27:45 AM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
Description: The Server service terminated with the following error:
%%1115

Error: (03/15/2017 11:27:38 AM) (Source: DCOM) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: 1069netprofmUnavailable{A47979D2-C419-11D9-A5B4-001185AD2B89}

Error: (03/15/2017 11:27:37 AM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (User: )
Description: The Application Information service failed to start due to the following error:
%%1115

Description: The Diagnostic Service Host service failed to start due to the following error:
%%1069

Description: The WdiServiceHost service was unable to log on as NT AUTHORITY\LocalService with the currently configured password due to the following error:
%%50

To ensure that the service is configured properly, use the Services snap-in in Microsoft Management Console (MMC).

Description: The Network List Service service failed to start due to the following error:
%%1069

Microsoft Office Sessions:
=========================
Error: (03/15/2017 04:43:48 AM) (Source: Bonjour Service)(User: )
Description: Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledSPRetry 394188

Description: Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledEvent 394188

Error: (03/15/2017 04:43:46 AM) (Source: Bonjour Service)(User: )
Description: Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledSPRetry 392641

Description: Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledEvent 392641

Error: (03/15/2017 04:37:18 AM) (Source: Bonjour Service)(User: )
Description: Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledSPRetry 4266

Description: Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledEvent 4266

Error: (03/15/2017 04:37:16 AM) (Source: Bonjour Service)(User: )
Description: Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledSPRetry 2657

CodeIntegrity Errors:
===================================
  Date: 2017-02-19 21:45:21.278
  Description: Code Integrity determined that a process (\Device\HarddiskVolume5\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe) attempted to load \Device\HarddiskVolume5\Program Files\Bonjour\mdnsNSP.dll that did not meet the Custom 3 / Antimalware signing level requirements.

Date: 2017-02-19 21:45:20.442
  Description: Code Integrity determined that a process (\Device\HarddiskVolume5\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe) attempted to load \Device\HarddiskVolume5\Program Files\Bonjour\mdnsNSP.dll that did not meet the Custom 3 / Antimalware signing level requirements.

Date: 2017-02-05 11:37:13.005
  Description: Code Integrity determined that a process (\Device\HarddiskVolume5\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe) attempted to load \Device\HarddiskVolume5\Program Files\Microsoft Silverlight\xapauthenticodesip.dll that did not meet the Custom 3 / Antimalware signing level requirements.

Date: 2017-02-05 11:37:12.098
  Description: Code Integrity determined that a process (\Device\HarddiskVolume5\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe) attempted to load \Device\HarddiskVolume5\Program Files\Microsoft Silverlight\xapauthenticodesip.dll that did not meet the Custom 3 / Antimalware signing level requirements.

Date: 2017-02-05 11:37:11.169

Date: 2017-02-03 20:42:23.486

Date: 2017-02-03 20:42:22.368

Date: 2017-02-03 20:42:21.059

Date: 2017-02-03 11:15:42.415

Date: 2017-02-03 11:15:41.545

=========================== Installed Programs ============================

7-Zip 9.20 (HKLM-x32\...\7-Zip) (Version:  - )
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (HKLM-x32\...\{AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-AC0F074E4100}) (Version: 15.023.20070 - Adobe Systems Incorporated)
Adobe AIR (HKLM-x32\...\Adobe AIR) (Version: 20.0.0.260 - Adobe Systems Incorporated)
Adobe Flash Player 25 NPAPI (HKLM-x32\...\Adobe Flash Player NPAPI) (Version: 25.0.0.127 - Adobe Systems Incorporated)
AMD Catalyst Install Manager (HKLM\...\{B3C41846-0ED2-2FE4-C154-F736C9D53364}) (Version: 8.0.916.0 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.)
Apple Application Support (32-bit) (HKLM-x32\...\{9BA1A894-B42F-4805-BC8C-349C905A3930}) (Version: 5.3.1 - Apple Inc.)
Apple Application Support (64-bit) (HKLM\...\{7EAC8A42-9FAC-4F6B-AABF-C08C9F2E0F13}) (Version: 5.3.1 - Apple Inc.)
Apple Mobile Device Support (HKLM\...\{55BB2110-FB43-49B3-93F4-945A0CFB0A6C}) (Version: 10.0.1.3 - Apple Inc.)
Apple Software Update (HKLM-x32\...\{56EC47AA-5813-4FF6-8E75-544026FBEA83}) (Version: 2.2.0.150 - Apple Inc.)
calibre (HKLM-x32\...\{1E376DEC-875A-4F53-9149-168582A0E274}) (Version: 2.71.0 - Kovid Goyal)
Canon MX410 series MP Drivers (HKLM\...\{1199FAD5-9546-44f3-81CF-FFDB8040B7BF}_Canon_MX410_series) (Version:  - )
CCleaner (HKLM\...\CCleaner) (Version: 5.08 - Piriform)
Cisco EAP-FAST Module (HKLM-x32\...\{64BF0187-F3D2-498B-99EA-163AF9AE6EC9}) (Version: 2.2.14 - Cisco Systems, Inc.) Hidden
Cisco LEAP Module (HKLM-x32\...\{51C7AD07-C3F6-4635-8E8A-231306D810FE}) (Version: 1.0.19 - Cisco Systems, Inc.) Hidden
Cisco PEAP Module (HKLM-x32\...\{ED5776D5-59B4-46B7-AF81-5F2D94D7C640}) (Version: 1.1.6 - Cisco Systems, Inc.) Hidden
CyberLink Media Suite Essentials (HKLM-x32\...\InstallShield_{8F14AA37-5193-4A14-BD5B-BDF9B361AEF7}) (Version: 10.0 - CyberLink Corp.)
D3DX10 (HKLM-x32\...\{E09C4DB7-630C-4F06-A631-8EA7239923AF}) (Version: 15.4.2368.0902 - Microsoft) Hidden
Dell Backup and Recovery - Support Software (HKLM-x32\...\{A9668246-FB70-4103-A1E3-66C9BC2EFB49}) (Version: 1.7.1.2 - Dell Inc.)
Dell Backup and Recovery (HKLM-x32\...\{0ED7EE95-6A97-47AA-AD73-152C08A15B04}) (Version: 1.7.1.2 - Dell Inc.)
Dell Customer Connect (HKLM-x32\...\{4FA72FF9-DD64-43A8-8704-6380A11F11D5}) (Version: 1.4.15.0 - Dell Inc.)
Dell Data Vault (HKLM\...\{2E55EEFD-2162-4A7D-9158-EDB0305603A6}) (Version: 4.3.8.0 - Dell Inc.) Hidden
Dell Digital Delivery (HKLM-x32\...\{D850CB7E-72BC-4510-BA4F-48932BFAB295}) (Version: 2.9.901.0 - Dell Products, LP)
Dell Product Registration (HKLM-x32\...\{24F2AD94-CC1B-4294-B184-D4D31A3186A7}) (Version: 2.42.0012 - Aviata Inc.)
Dell SupportAssist (HKLM\...\PC-Doctor for Windows) (Version: 1.3.6855.72 - Dell)
Dell SupportAssistAgent (HKLM-x32\...\{27130E51-9555-408B-8134-7BFF54EDE27B}) (Version: 1.3.0.72 - Dell)
Dell System Detect (HKCU\...\58d94f3ce2c27db0) (Version: 7.11.0.6 - Dell)
Dell Touchpad (HKLM\...\SynTPDeinstKey) (Version: 18.1.2.0 - Synaptics Incorporated)
Dell Update (HKLM-x32\...\{DB82968B-57A4-4397-81A5-ECAB21B5DFCD}) (Version: 1.7.1015.0 - Dell Inc.)
Dropbox (HKLM-x32\...\Dropbox) (Version: 21.4.25 - Dropbox, Inc.)
Dropbox Update Helper (HKLM-x32\...\{099218A5-A723-43DC-8DB5-6173656A1E94}) (Version: 1.3.65.1 - Dropbox, Inc.) Hidden
DW WLAN Card (HKLM\...\DW WLAN Card) (Version: 6.30.223.181 - Dell Inc.)
FastStone Image Viewer 5.4 (HKLM-x32\...\FastStone Image Viewer) (Version: 5.4 - FastStone Soft)
FastStone Photo Resizer 3.3 (HKLM-x32\...\FastStone Photo Resizer) (Version: 3.3 - FastStone Soft.)
Google Drive (HKLM-x32\...\{07A12123-B717-496B-B471-48AF6407B433}) (Version: 1.32.4066.7445 - Google, Inc.)
Google Update Helper (HKLM-x32\...\{60EC980A-BDA2-4CB6-A427-B07A5498B4CA}) (Version: 1.3.32.7 - Google Inc.) Hidden
iCloud (HKLM\...\{0493048C-CB1A-44B7-8BB3-8467AF7BA9E4}) (Version: 6.1.2.13 - Apple Inc.)
iTunes (HKLM\...\{9D0D2A8B-7E7B-4D88-8D50-24286ED6A5EB}) (Version: 12.5.5.5 - Apple Inc.)
Junk Mail filter update (HKLM-x32\...\{0BE9E708-5DC0-4963-9CFD-0AA519090E79}) (Version: 16.4.3528.0331 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
LibreOffice 5.1.6.2 (HKLM-x32\...\{3D18F833-5EEE-4221-96CE-BC9488780EE3}) (Version: 5.1.6.2 - The Document Foundation)
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 2.2.1.1043 (HKLM-x32\...\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware_is1) (Version: 2.2.1.1043 - Malwarebytes)
Microsoft Office (HKLM-x32\...\{90150000-0138-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}) (Version: 15.0.4569.1506 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Silverlight (HKLM\...\{89F4137D-6C26-4A84-BDB8-2E5A4BB71E00}) (Version: 5.1.50905.0 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition [ENU] (HKLM-x32\...\{F0B430D1-B6AA-473D-9B06-AA3DD01FD0B8}) (Version: 3.1.0000 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (HKLM-x32\...\{710f4c1c-cc18-4c49-8cbf-51240c89a1a2}) (Version: 8.0.61001 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.21022 (HKLM-x32\...\{FF66E9F6-83E7-3A3E-AF14-8DE9A809A6A4}) (Version: 9.0.21022 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17 (HKLM-x32\...\{9A25302D-30C0-39D9-BD6F-21E6EC160475}) (Version: 9.0.30729 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.4148 (HKLM-x32\...\{1F1C2DFC-2D24-3E06-BCB8-725134ADF989}) (Version: 9.0.30729.4148 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.6161 (HKLM-x32\...\{9BE518E6-ECC6-35A9-88E4-87755C07200F}) (Version: 9.0.30729.6161 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x64 Redistributable - 10.0.30319 (HKLM\...\{DA5E371C-6333-3D8A-93A4-6FD5B20BCC6E}) (Version: 10.0.30319 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x86 Redistributable - 10.0.30319 (HKLM-x32\...\{196BB40D-1578-3D01-B289-BEFC77A11A1E}) (Version: 10.0.30319 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x64) - 11.0.50727 (HKLM-x32\...\{15134cb0-b767-4960-a911-f2d16ae54797}) (Version: 11.0.50727.1 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x64) - 11.0.61030 (HKLM-x32\...\{ca67548a-5ebe-413a-b50c-4b9ceb6d66c6}) (Version: 11.0.61030.0 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x86) - 11.0.50727 (HKLM-x32\...\{22154f09-719a-4619-bb71-5b3356999fbf}) (Version: 11.0.50727.1 - Microsoft Corporation)
Movie Maker (HKLM-x32\...\{38F03569-A636-4CF3-BDDE-032C8C251304}) (Version: 16.4.3528.0331 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Movie Maker (HKLM-x32\...\{DD67BE4B-7E62-4215-AFA3-F123A800A389}) (Version: 16.4.3528.0331 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden
Mozilla Firefox 52.0 (x86 en-US) (HKLM-x32\...\Mozilla Firefox 52.0 (x86 en-US)) (Version: 52.0 - Mozilla)
Mozilla Maintenance Service (HKLM-x32\...\MozillaMaintenanceService) (Version: 52.0.0.6270 - Mozilla)
NIKON IMAGE SPACE UPLOADER (HKLM-x32\...\{FF16363A-46D4-914E-010A-27DF55793BCA}) (Version: 1.2 - NIKON CORPORATION) Hidden
NIKON IMAGE SPACE UPLOADER (HKLM-x32\...\com.nikonimagespace.uploader) (Version: 1.2 - NIKON CORPORATION)
Notepad++ (32-bit x86) (HKLM-x32\...\Notepad++) (Version: 7.1 - Notepad++ Team)
OEM Application Profile (HKLM-x32\...\{315F1A48-D883-B234-7C79-15873574ACC1}) (Version: 1.00.0000 - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.)
Opera Stable 42.0.2393.94 (HKLM-x32\...\Opera 42.0.2393.94) (Version: 42.0.2393.94 - Opera Software)
Pale Moon 26.3.3 (x86 en-US) (HKLM-x32\...\Pale Moon 26.3.3 (x86 en-US)) (Version: 26.3.3 - Moonchild Productions)
Picasa 3 (HKLM-x32\...\Picasa 3) (Version: 3.9.140.239 - Google, Inc.)
PocketCloud (HKLM-x32\...\{D9752C7D-A595-4687-A0D5-362E9C311C55}) (Version: 2.7.14 - Wyse Technology)
Potplayer-64 Bits (HKLM\...\PotPlayer64) (Version:  - Kakao Corp.)
Quickset64 (HKLM\...\{87CF757E-C1F1-4D22-865C-00C6950B5258}) (Version: 11.1.18 - Dell Inc.)
Realtek Card Reader (HKLM-x32\...\{5BC2B5AB-80DE-4E83-B8CF-426902051D0A}) (Version: 6.2.9600.39054 - Realtek Semiconductor Corp.)
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver (HKLM-x32\...\{F132AF7F-7BCA-4EDE-8A7C-958108FE7DBC}) (Version: 6.0.1.7161 - Realtek Semiconductor Corp.)
Revo Uninstaller Pro 3.1.5 (HKLM\...\{67579783-0FB7-4F7B-B881-E5BE47C9DBE0}_is1) (Version: 3.1.5 - VS Revo Group, Ltd.)
ShareX (HKLM\...\82E6AC09-0FEF-4390-AD9F-0DD3F5561EFC_is1) (Version: 11.1.0 - ShareX Team)
Speccy (HKLM\...\Speccy) (Version: 1.29 - Piriform)
SpywareBlaster 5.4 (HKLM-x32\...\SpywareBlaster_is1) (Version: 5.4.0 - BrightFort LLC)
WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software (HKLM\...\{C6D9ED03-6FCF-4410-9CB7-45CA285F9E11}) (Version: 12.0.0.9150 - Broadcom Corporation)
Windows Live Essentials (HKLM-x32\...\WinLiveSuite) (Version: 16.4.3528.0331 - Microsoft Corporation)

========================= Devices: ================================

========================= Memory info: ===================================

Percentage of memory in use: 57%
Total physical RAM: 3512.25 MB
Available physical RAM: 1480.74 MB
Total Virtual: 4920.25 MB
Available Virtual: 2373.25 MB

========================= Partitions: =====================================

1 Drive c: (OS) (Fixed) (Total:455.98 GB) (Free:402.52 GB) NTFS
2 Drive d: (CANON_IJ) (CDROM) (Total:0.19 GB) (Free:0 GB) CDFS

========================= Users: ========================================

User accounts for \\DELL-LAPTOP

Administrator            Anne                     Guest                    
jjaxa_000                kcsum_000                SophosSAUMYDELL0         

========================= Minidump Files ==================================

No minidump file found

========================= Restore Points ==================================

22-02-2017 20:52:01 Windows Update
07-03-2017 07:14:03 Scheduled Checkpoint
14-03-2017 10:32:02 Scheduled Checkpoint
16-03-2017 02:07:28 Removed Bonjour

**** End of log ****

#10 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:32 PM

Thanks for your interest in helping me find a solution.   Since my last entry I've encountered some difficulty with my computer that seems to have something to do with Bonjour  (part of the I-tunes program) and so I'm trying to fix that before doing anything further with I-tunes.   I removed Bonjour to try to solve the problem but it didn't it only made the I-tunes unusable.  Of course I could reinstall it but now I'm side-tracked trying to resolve my computer problems and it appears I will have to remove I-tunes totally because just removing Bonjour (which I've never fully understood) doesn't work.

Bonjour is not part of iTunes, but a separate network program/utility that Apple automatically installs as part of an iTunes installation on Windows. It is only needed if you want to stream music from iTunes to another computer or something like an Airport Express (you can hook up computer speakers to an Airport Express, which then allow you to stream music to those speakers which can then provide music to another room if the Airport Express is in another room). You should be able to remove Bonjour and iTunes should be able to still work. If you, next time you update iTunes, I believe it will get installed again, so you would have to remove it again.

It is possible that Apple might have more tightly linked them recently...it has been a while since I messed with iTunes on a Windows computer.

If worst comes to worse, then remove iTunes and then re-install it. You library should not be affected by removing iTunes and should be automatically added back when you re-install iTunes.

If you want help with the Windows problems (even if caused by removing Bonjour), you likely will be better served by posting about that to the appropriate Windows forum (Windows 8, it seems in your case). Posting a log output for Windows to a thread buried in the Mac OS forum likely will not get you the help you might be asking for.

#11 JayJax

JayJax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 710 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:10 AM

Bonjour is not part of iTunes, but a separate network program/utility that Apple automatically installs as part of an iTunes installation on Windows. It is only needed if you want to stream music from iTunes to another computer or something like an Airport Express (you can hook up computer speakers to an Airport Express, which then allow you to stream music to those speakers which can then provide music to another room if the Airport Express is in another room). You should be able to remove Bonjour and iTunes should be able to still work. If you, next time you update iTunes, I believe it will get installed again, so you would have to remove it again.

It is possible that Apple might have more tightly linked them recently...it has been a while since I messed with iTunes on a Windows computer.

If worst comes to worse, then remove iTunes and then re-install it. You library should not be affected by removing iTunes and should be automatically added back when you re-install iTunes.

If you want help with the Windows problems (even if caused by removing Bonjour), you likely will be better served by posting about that to the appropriate Windows forum (Windows 8, it seems in your case). Posting a log output for Windows to a thread buried in the Mac OS forum likely will not get you the help you might be asking for.

Thanks for the information.   I will follow up with Windows 8 forum as that seems to be the more pressing problem currently..

#12 JayJax

JayJax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 710 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:57 PM

Most of the time all I ever have done with my I-Tunes is try to figure out the password.   And it keeps asking me to AUTHORIZE this computer even though I have played I-tunes on it before its been awhile.   The last time I had to set up an APPLE ID - mindful of all the previous difficulties - I studiously and carefully documented everything - wrote it all down - I just tried to play I-tunes and it said I needed to authorize the computer so I entered the info I had written down and it said "this has not been used for I-tunes before" and that's all - no CLUE what to do I AM SO FED UP WITH APPLE I am sorry I invested what for me was a huge sum of money in music selections I've only played a few times - you can't record them because of their ownership.   I am this close to deleting the whole thing and writing it off to a bad decision because is it really worth the frustration to go through this  - its one reason I haven't played I-tunes much because of the inevitable frustration of authorizing computers etc.

I would never recommend I-tunes or anything to do with apple ever.   I also have an I-Cloud account on my computer but I can never use it because of the same problem.   I don't need this kind of frustration I HAVE NEVER HAD WITH ANY OTHER ACCOUNT FOR ANYTHING.

HERE I AM years later still struggling with my Apple ID and I see it is due to the same problem I noted here.   I try to reset my password and they say they will send me a CODE but it never gets to my email address.  I FEEL LIKE GOING POSTAL.

I didn't know the proper protocol but I just started a new conversation tonight about the same problem - now I cannot update my OS, or Firefox or anything - they say they will send a code to my email but it never arrives.

If only there were an Apple Executive around that I can strangle.  These computers cost way too much money to come with such built in unending frustrating problems.

I hate problems but I especially hate problems that HAVE NO POSSIBLE RESOLUTION.

#13 JayJax

JayJax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 710 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2018 - 10:08 PM

PLEASE DELETE THIS I HOPE SOMEBODY WILL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users