Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wi-Fi Disconnects - Split from existing topic

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rp-57

rp-57

• Members
  • 464 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 05 March 2017 - 11:37 PM

Press the windows keywindowskey_zps092d5c75.png  and the X key to open the Windows Mobility Center menu.

When the menu opens select Command Prompt (Admin), this will open the Command Prompt with Administrator permissions.

Copy and paste the commands below one at a time and pressing Enter after each command is pasted in.  After the first command you may be asked to restart the computer, ignore it and go on to the second command.

netsh winsock reset

netsh int ip reset

Close the Command Prompt and restart the computer.

I have this same problem, I have done winsock rest several times and done windows trouble shooter have gotten message back from that wifi was not plugged etc and etc and makes no sense to me because I have gotten a new wifi and done all I can do still get disconnected and have to do reset. and I have 2 laptops one is a toshiba and the other is asus and the disconnects happen on the toshiba laptop.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 AM

Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:10 AM

@ rp-57

Please download and install Farbar Service Scanner.  The download will begin immediately after clicking on the link.

When FSS opens you will see an image like the one below.  

FSS1_zpsed396cd9.png

Place checks in all of the boxes and then click on Scan

When the Scan is complete a log similar to the one below will open.  Copy and then paste this in your topic.

FSS2_zps8ffbee2d.png

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users