Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan and Browser Hijack Malware

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 jabobster

jabobster

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 05 March 2017 - 11:26 PM

Hello. I accidently downloaded something earlier today and it subsequently downloaded many programs on my computer. I immediately ran a windows defender scan, and while it was running I began to uninstall these several programs. A couple google chrome extensions were installed as well, I deleted them. Windows defender found two Trojans and removed them. I thought I was fine. The previous windows defender scan was a "quick" scan, so I then began a "Full" scan. Also at around this point, my Google Chrome crashed suddenly. I reopened it and it tried to bring me to a "clickforums.ru" site but nothing would load. I couldn't load anything else either. It would just fail to load any page. I started to look on the internet on how to remove this clickforums thing but I made little progress. I had no malicious extensions and the google chrome shortcut did not have any weird website in its "target". Then, it got worse to the point where when I opened Google Chrome, It tried to go to that site or "www-searching.com" but it would sort of crash Chrome and go to a "Not Responding" situation. My windows defender scan came back with another Trojan and removed it. I left my computer for a couple hours, I came back and found a couple new programs appeared. I ran a quick windows defender scan and removed another Trojan. I uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome and had the same issue. I tried to download Zemana antimalware because I figured that Windows Defender was not sufficiently removing whatever I have. I tried to run Zemana and I got this error: "The requested resource is in use". I cannot run it. Around this time I notice a dataup.exe instance running, I looked it up and it's malware related so I felt it was worth mentioning. I tried downloading Malwarebytes and the same error appeared. I found this site and here I am. Pls help.

Windows 10

Google Chrome (previously)

Microsoft Edge (now)

Windows Defender

Edited by jabobster, 05 March 2017 - 11:27 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,496 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 AM

Posted 06 March 2017 - 09:42 AM

jabobster...welcome to BC

I think it best that you start a new topic in the malware removal forum by following the instructions below.

Please follow the instructions in the Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide starting at Step 6.

• If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next.
  • In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running FRST which will create two logs.

When you have done that, post your logs in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team.

Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log(s) along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. If you cannot produce any of the required logs...start the new topic anyway. Explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happened when you tried to create them. A member of the Malware Removal Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer.

After doing this, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so we can close this one.

DO NOT bump your new topic. Wait for a response from one of the Team Members.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 jabobster

jabobster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:13 PM

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/642127/trojan-and-browser-hijack-malware/

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:16 PM

Hello,

Now that you have posted a log at the link you have provided. You should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a MRT Team member, nor should you ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the MRT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the MRT Team members are EXTREMELY busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the MRT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another MRT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

Please be patient. It may take several days to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. I advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. Good luck with your log.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users