Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't get out of Active Directory Repair

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 huntsdabibil

huntsdabibil

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 05 March 2017 - 04:49 PM

I've had some computer issues leading up to this, so being the inexperienced person I am I tried to start my computer in safe mode. I open up msconfig.exe and went to the boot options and went to safe mode. I pressed the Active Directory repair stupidly and restarted my computer. Now I can't log in and I can't out of this mode at all. I'm stuck at this point and don't know what to do. Help would be very appreciated thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 singhguleria

singhguleria

• Banned
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 PM

Posted 06 March 2017 - 06:04 AM

As we have properly understood your issue you are facing issue in the directory Repair please stay connected and follow these steps:

Hold down Shift on your keyboard as you click the restart option on the on-screen power menu.  It will take you to a recovery place you can use to run System Restore and "go back" to before you made the change.

Singh guleria

#3 huntsdabibil

huntsdabibil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:37 AM

As we have properly understood your issue you are facing issue in the directory Repair please stay connected and follow these steps:

Hold down Shift on your keyboard as you click the restart option on the on-screen power menu.  It will take you to a recovery place you can use to run System Restore and "go back" to before you made the change.

Singh guleria

I tried that many times and my computer doesn't allow me to go into recovery mode that way. I have Windows 10 and an acer computer. Thank you for the reply though!

Edited by huntsdabibil, 06 March 2017 - 08:39 AM.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,396 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 06 March 2017 - 09:35 AM

I've had some computer issues leading up to this, so being the inexperienced person I am I tried to start my computer in safe mode. I open up msconfig.exe and went to the boot options and went to safe mode. I pressed the Active Directory repair stupidly and restarted my computer. Now I can't log in and I can't out of this mode at all. I'm stuck at this point and don't know what to do. Help would be very appreciated thank you!

Does this mean that you cannot boot into Windows at all?  Your second post makes it unclear if this is your current state.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 huntsdabibil

huntsdabibil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2017 - 12:28 PM

Does this mean that you cannot boot into Windows at all?  Your second post makes it unclear if this is your current state.

I can't log in at all. I can get to the log in screen but I can't log in. Windows does boot up. Thank you for the reply.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,396 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 06 March 2017 - 01:18 PM

Do you have all of your important files backed up to removable media?

What is the model of this Acer?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 huntsdabibil

huntsdabibil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:22 AM

Do you have all of your important files backed up to removable media?

What is the model of this Acer?

Yes most files I care about are on separate external hard drives. The model is, Acer Predator AG3-605-UR24.

#8 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:26 AM

Please power on your computer and soon as Windows boots force shutdown your computer using power button do this till Automatic Repair tool starts if Automatic Repair tool cannot fix the problem then you will see a option to start Advanced Repair Tools which is where you can use System Restore tool to restore your computer to a date when it was working. You can also create Windows 10 DVD/USB using Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.

2GvnEq2.gif

#9 huntsdabibil

huntsdabibil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2017 - 11:21 PM

Please power on your computer and soon as Windows boots force shutdown your computer using power button do this till Automatic Repair tool starts if Automatic Repair tool cannot fix the problem then you will see a option to start Advanced Repair Tools which is where you can use System Restore tool to restore your computer to a date when it was working. You can also create Windows 10 DVD/USB using Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.

Yeah it looks like I'm going to have to do a complete reinstall of Windows 10. Thank you for you suggestion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users