Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

norton search tells me safe but something's going on with my pc

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lullah

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 05 March 2017 - 01:35 PM

within the last 3 weeks i have had odd things happening with my pc -- both related to fb -- i clicked on an ad at the side of my fb home page -- instead my fb login page appeared and a small screen came up telling me both visually and verbally  that my log in had been compromised and windows was going to freeze my pc in 3 minutes if i did not phone their engineers during that time  -- my emails , passwords bank details etc were likely to be stolen if i did not -- while this was going on i lost the ability to control my pc by mouse or by hand -- could not get rid the screen at all  and had to take out battery to shut off my pc --  later found out this was a microsoft scam-- was able to rid myself of the screen the following day by managing to move the cursor speedily as soon as i put back the battery and turned on my pc-- did a norton search then -- told me all ok

yesterday after downloading from chrome a fb message pops up -- obviously a scam -- it mentioned that my satellite  internet provider -- the correct one -- how did they know ?and fb were offering prizes -- when i deleted another talking screen popped up -- malware alert -- lost control of my pc by mouse again and only just managed to manually close the page -- did a norton search -- tells me no threats    what is happening -- would appreciate advice -- am becoming paranoid -- i know very little about computers so any replies will have to be simply explained 

thanks all

Edited by hamluis, 05 March 2017 - 01:37 PM.
Moved from Gen Sec to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,166 posts
  • Local time:03:04 PM

Posted 06 March 2017 - 09:55 AM

This is a scam to get you to call this thief where they will try to talk you into allowing them to access your computer to "repair" it.  They will want to be paid first.  Do not call that number, just restart the computer.  If you are still having problems after this post any error messages you receive and a full explanation of what is or is not happening.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users